a new ad for traktor says "dj's are so overrated, listen to traktor pro"

i use final scratch, its harder than just usin vinyl IMO. it is the first one like, dunno what serato and traktor pro are like.

as for ableton. my mate does a few techno sets with it, but he uses his own tunes/loops/madness, really well structured sets that he spends alot of time preparing.

is it as simple as loading full tracks into it, setting the tempo and away you go???

never used it myself

i have used vinyl but now use software. it takes the fun out of it a bit but if i was at a club then i would rather listen to somebody mixing well on a laptop than a shoddy set on vinyl. i fully understand how much more skill it takes to mix well with vinyls and i have the most respect for people who do this, because being able to beatmatch well consistently is hard to master, but in my opinion it is about the sound you're making and nothing else, even if it is auto beatmatched! tune selection is just as important too but i would never take credit for what the computer was doing (i.e syncing) if someone said they really enjoyed my set and thought i was really good.

there is a bigger dimension to playing a good set than picking the tunes and moving the crossfader. but yes i would probably say something like that!

Back
Top Bottom