Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    got duct-tape? demonicdnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    A, A
    Age
    35
    Posts
    235
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    a new ad for traktor says "dj's are so overrated, listen to traktor pro"

    I assume they are saying basically who cares if you can dj because you can do so much more by just pushing buttons.

    thoughts?


  2. #2
    Flappin' TongueFlap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,840
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: a new ad for traktor says "dj's are so overrated, listen to traktor pro"

    lol it would be pretty pointless if the advert said 'buy some 1210's traktor is crap'

  3. #3
    - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε rob_del_terror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Blackpool, United Kingdom
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,035
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 37 Times in 25 Posts

    Re: a new ad for traktor says "dj's are so overrated, listen to traktor pro"

    i was in a dj comp arranged through facebook by a local bar. a lad popped up on the group and asked if he could come with his laptop and do a set on traktor

    pecker.

  4. #4
    www.NakedBeatz.com Dj Mark Track's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Age
    38
    Posts
    410
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: a new ad for traktor says "dj's are so overrated, listen to traktor pro"

    Quote Originally Posted by rob_del_terror View Post
    i was in a dj comp arranged through facebook by a local bar. a lad popped up on the group and asked if he could come with his laptop and do a set on traktor

    pecker.
    why, what is wrong with Traktor? Do you not like vinyl?

  5. #5
    Flappin' TongueFlap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,840
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: a new ad for traktor says "dj's are so overrated, listen to traktor pro"

    Quote Originally Posted by Dj Mark Track View Post
    why, what is wrong with Traktor? Do you not like vinyl?
    traktor pro is software... inless you get traktor scratch.

  6. #6
    DJZeroZero
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    863
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: a new ad for traktor says "dj's are so overrated, listen to traktor pro"

    Quote Originally Posted by rob_del_terror View Post
    i was in a dj comp arranged through facebook by a local bar. a lad popped up on the group and asked if he could come with his laptop and do a set on traktor

    pecker.
    disgraceful
    Quote Originally Posted by subprime View Post
    I can honestly say from London North that I have more chance of looking directly up my own arsehole than of seeing the moon tonight.
    Terminal State vs ZeroZero Promo mix
    http://soundcloud.com/zerozero00/terminal-state-vs-zerozero

    Natural Born Killer
    http://soundcloud.com/zerozero00/zerozero-natural-born-killer

  7. #7
    www.NakedBeatz.com Dj Mark Track's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Age
    38
    Posts
    410
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: a new ad for traktor says "dj's are so overrated, listen to traktor pro"

    Quote Originally Posted by TongueFlap View Post
    traktor pro is software... inless you get traktor scratch.
    I thought that Traktor pro is Traktor Scratch but with the added bonus of being able to use a 3rd deck, with Traktor Scratch you can only use 2.

  8. #8
    aka Tut' Creg Gloxxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,832
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 205 Times in 127 Posts

    Re: a new ad for traktor says "dj's are so overrated, listen to traktor pro"

    Traktor Pro is just the software. That's why Rob thought it was disgraceful behaviour that someone would bring a laptop to a DJ competition and play a set on his laptop.
    Northern Linguistics Officer

  9. #9
    Loves mp3s... Ozmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    1,984
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts

    Re: a new ad for traktor says "dj's are so overrated, listen to traktor pro"

    I'm an mp3j myself; i dont use Traktor (which i am assuming is a deck simulator?), but I really dont understand the hostility from vinyl djs to us :P. Pretty much the only difference is its less expensive and more versatile (if we are talking about using deck simulators, layering software aint nowhere near as good) and I'm unsure why the lad couldnt do his set on a deck simulator with mp3 controllers(requires the same amount of timing etc.)

    Maybe someone could explain this to me?

  10. #10
    MMRB Jwood27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Macclesfield
    Age
    23
    Posts
    6,934
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 363 Times in 235 Posts

    Re: a new ad for traktor says "dj's are so overrated, listen to traktor pro"

    well like in traktor it shows you the wave patterns and stuff like that, so you don't need to know a track as well to mix it, as you can see the drops coming etc.

    I Use traktor and will do untill i can afford to get some decent decks and some vinyl - mp3 software. However I wouldn't think of entering a comp or anything using this.

    The way i see it i think its like
    traktor mp3 pc djing = karoake with lyrics. and using decks is similar, but you have no lyrics, so it makes it a lot harder.

    shitty anology but i know what i mean!

  11. #11
    - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε rob_del_terror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Blackpool, United Kingdom
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,035
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 37 Times in 25 Posts

    Re: a new ad for traktor says "dj's are so overrated, listen to traktor pro"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmatic View Post
    I'm an mp3j myself; i dont use Traktor (which i am assuming is a deck simulator?), but I really dont understand the hostility from vinyl djs to us :P. Pretty much the only difference is its less expensive and more versatile (if we are talking about using deck simulators, layering software aint nowhere near as good) and I'm unsure why the lad couldnt do his set on a deck simulator with mp3 controllers(requires the same amount of timing etc.)

    Maybe someone could explain this to me?
    because he didnt want to use deck simulators. he wanted to play a set off tracktor alone, it beatmatches for you being the 1st argument. the second being

  12. #12
    Socialist DeeGun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    10,271
    Thanks
    818
    Thanked 689 Times in 425 Posts

    Re: a new ad for traktor says "dj's are so overrated, listen to traktor pro"

    I HATE ALL THIS DIGITAL SHIT

    Quote Originally Posted by DNB4DCrowd View Post
    Some of the best Drum and Bass ever produced was produced within the last two months.

  13. #13
    Flappin' TongueFlap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,840
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: a new ad for traktor says "dj's are so overrated, listen to traktor pro"

    i tried the demo of traktor to see what all of the fuss was about..
    I couldnt really understand the thing, it was showing dnb having a bpm of 87 where clearly it isint.
    The other thing I didnt like was the auto sync.. this would match any 2 - 4 tracks together completely in time by pressing one button. It was fun doing tripple/quadruple drops for about an hour but having a computer do it for you took the fun out of it.

    Seeing the waveform was quite good, but if you know the songs well or generally know the structure of dnb/house/what ever then its not that usefull and in most songs you can easily guess where the drop is going to be.

    one thing it is good for is mashing tunes together, like metal to dnb - that was quite fun, especially if you dont own a CDJ with 100% wide pitch.

    Searching for a song was difficult (i may have been doing it wrong): it seemed that it would load up your itunes in the tinyest box possible with out a search option... so when you got 30gb of tunes it took ages to find a tune.

    Then i bought a CDJ800 and i never thought about using traktor again....

  14. #14
    - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε rob_del_terror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Blackpool, United Kingdom
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,035
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 37 Times in 25 Posts

    Re: a new ad for traktor says "dj's are so overrated, listen to traktor pro"

    Quote Originally Posted by TongueFlap View Post
    i tried the demo of traktor to see what all of the fuss was about..
    I couldnt really understand the thing, it was showing dnb having a bpm of 87 where clearly it isint.
    The other thing I didnt like was the auto sync.. this would match any 2 - 4 tracks together completely in time by pressing one button. It was fun doing tripple/quadruple drops for about an hour but having a computer do it for you took the fun out of it.

    Seeing the waveform was quite good, but if you know the songs well or generally know the structure of dnb/house/what ever then its not that usefull and in most songs you can easily guess where the drop is going to be.

    one thing it is good for is mashing tunes together, like metal to dnb - that was quite fun, especially if you dont own a CDJ with 100% wide pitch.

    Searching for a song was difficult (i may have been doing it wrong): it seemed that it would load up your itunes in the tinyest box possible with out a search option... so when you got 30gb of tunes it took ages to find a tune.

    Then i bought a CDJ800 and i never thought about using traktor again....
    i've just been playing with it then. i use it from time to time, makes just listening to music more fun. just played through alot of dubstep, and yeah, 70.2 bpm couldnt be sync'd with the 140.4 bpm (the same speed obvsly) unless done manually. doesnt recognize tracks that are the same bpm.

    so even if it didnt have the sync button, its so easy to beatmatch when you've got precise bpm readout infront of you.

    anyone ever used a mixer that tells you what bpm the tunes are running at. i remember having a blast on one about 8 years ago. it was only to bpm not .bpm tho so a bit of fine tuning was needed.

  15. #15
    Socialist DeeGun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    10,271
    Thanks
    818
    Thanked 689 Times in 425 Posts

    Re: a new ad for traktor says "dj's are so overrated, listen to traktor pro"

    My shit Behringer mixer has a bpm display but it either doesn´t work or displays bollix.Whatever..I only need 2 channels and a crossfader.

    Quote Originally Posted by DNB4DCrowd View Post
    Some of the best Drum and Bass ever produced was produced within the last two months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [For Sale] Lostsoul Records over 2000 DnB 12" Available 1993 - 2009
    By lostsoulrecords in forum Advertisements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16-07-2009, 20:38
  2. 93-96 Jungle 4 Sale - MASSIVE TUNES WITH AUDIO
    By eddiebale in forum Advertisements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2009, 14:00
  3. Fresh DnB Promos Just In
    By Trademark Recor in forum Advertisements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-02-2008, 13:59
  4. MEGE Vinyl sale! starting from 0.01p With clips
    By emporuk in forum Advertisements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-02-2007, 12:12
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-06-2005, 05:14

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •