Tango & Ratty 'Senseless/Inventa' [L Plates 011]

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
Tango & Ratty 'Senseless/Inventa' [L Plates 011]

Yah baybe! I've been wanting to get my hands on this for a LONG time. I'm so happy I was able to get the promo of it last Friday. Its not as awesome as I had hoped but its 'ok'. Tango & Ratty are hardcore masters so I had such higher hopes. It seems like they've played it safe with this one by going with the tried and true (?) boring roller formula. The first tune "Inventa" doesn't do much at all other then play with a mentasm type sound making it go fowards and backwards over a 2-step beat. Then this guy saying something that resembles the title speaks over the tune. Its rather boring yet I find myself liking it simply because Tango and Ratty made it. The other tune "Senseless" is slightly more entertaining as it goes with the Bad Company heavy metal sound. Instead of going for streight devil worship metal it adds that old Tango and Ratty hardcore funk to it through the use of classic hardcore funk stabs and nice bouncy sub bass kicks. The sustained dramatic cord in this cut (think scooby doo in a 'mysterious' haunted house scene) is kind of lame as it adds tention to a track that could otherwise be more upbeat and cheeky. They used the same trick in the "Train Track" track from Shop Floor EP vol.3 back in 2000. In that tune it worked however here it doesn't. Also the drop takes too long I find.

You see I just have such high expectations from Tango & Ratty cause I know they can totaly blow my mind with their excellent jungle tekno selections however this record is just downright blah.

I rate this record: 6/10 (more like 5/10 but I've added an extra point to encorage Tango and Ratty to make more interesting hardcore records in the future, I don't know if it will work but I try).

Back
Top Bottom