Newbie to making DnB

Kelly's Eye

Hi there guys, just getting into making dnb and come across this site

Have tryed making 2 tracks over the last few weeks and some feedback and tips would be great if possible !
You can listen to tracks here http://soundcloud.com/boneidol

All feedback welcome good of bad as need to learn

Cheers

r.e wicked

its a nice idea, i like the little breakdown at the end of the intro and 1st break.

but, you seem to have missed the drum element which is paramount to making drum and bass :teeth:

beef the snare and kick up, read some of the tutorials in the program relevant sections on here about layering kicks and snares to fatten up the drums.

not bad for a second attempt, a little cheesy for my liking but nice effort all the same.

yeah you definately have the right idea, but like Rob said, you really need to beef up the kick, by quite alot in my opinion. Other than that you have some good elements there.

Thanks for the feedback guys

Will try putting another 1/2 kicks and snares layered in

Apart from that is everything else sounding ok?

After listening to your top track again I'm not so sure if the kick is a layering issue at all. It sounds to me that this particular kick would be better suited in a techno / hardcore style tune as opposed to DnB? Sounds a little to punchy and digital to me. Try playing around with some different samples maybe.

But yeah, apart from that it doesnt sound too bad at all.

Back
Top Bottom