???Chemical Records???

^^I've ordered 5 tunes from catapult never recieved one yet so will never order from them again I don't know how they won at the dnb awards ffs there shite ^^

'Intense or redeye should've won'

This is yet another nail in the coffin for vinyl, chemical have always served me well and delivery's have usually been next day. I ordered vinyl from catapult once but the vinyl turned up smashed and they told me I had to take it up with royal mail so I never bothered with them again. by chance I ordered from redeye for the first time last week and the service was great. The records came packed well and they came next day. If chemical has moved I think I will be using them.
I have never been interested in going digital but have been seriously considering buying a cd deck to ad to my set up lately as more and more record shops seem to be vanishing. I'm just wondering how long till the labels get together and say 'fuck it' and ditch it completely. I hope it doesn't happen but who knows.
I went into my local record for the first time in ages last year thinking the shelves looked empty, I asked what new promo's they had in stock the guy behind the counter then told me that they don't sell vinyl any more. I said what kind of record shop doesn't sell records? I guess they make there money renting out speakers now but there you go.
has anyone on here made the switch to cd decks ? I have never even had a go on a set. was thinking about pioneer. what are they like to use?

Yeah, Chemical had the best audio sample library on the net imo. If they are gone, its a shame. Redeye are / were cheaper and have always had a good service, bar the couple of orders at the start of the year where they sent me the wrong tune or an order with a tune missing, but they have always sorted that out, even with warped vinyl.

cdj's are fun to mix on, and I have been toying with the idea of making the switch to them or serato / traktor this year. You should consider looking into that if you like mixing vinyl

This is yet another nail in the coffin for vinyl, chemical have always served me well and delivery's have usually been next day. I ordered vinyl from catapult once but the vinyl turned up smashed and they told me I had to take it up with royal mail so I never bothered with them again. by chance I ordered from redeye for the first time last week and the service was great. The records came packed well and they came next day. If chemical has moved I think I will be using them.
I have never been interested in going digital but have been seriously considering buying a cd deck to ad to my set up lately as more and more record shops seem to be vanishing. I'm just wondering how long till the labels get together and say 'fuck it' and ditch it completely. I hope it doesn't happen but who knows.
I went into my local record for the first time in ages last year thinking the shelves looked empty, I asked what new promo's they had in stock the guy behind the counter then told me that they don't sell vinyl any more. I said what kind of record shop doesn't sell records? I guess they make there money renting out speakers now but there you go.
has anyone on here made the switch to cd decks ? I have never even had a go on a set. was thinking about pioneer. what are they like to use?

nail in the coffin is a bit extreme. to be honest mate i think once you've made the switch there's no going back. it'll be too easy to simply download an mp3 and you'll lose the 'aura' of record shopping, scouting out that rare bit, hitting the stores at peak hours to see what's new in stock. i've been toying with the idea for a while now and if the vinyl's still there i'd stick with it. yeah there are stores closing down but there are still plenty others, and there's high-street stores still going strong (dependent on where you live but you know what i mean). i say don't switch unless it's absolutely necessary

Alot of people use cdj's on here. They are no way near as much fun as vinyl. But then again they are reliable and more and more music is available on digital. Have you considered serato/traktor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^ I have been considering Traktor but don't know too much about it. I was thinking to look more into that or buy just 1 cd deck, continue to mix as much with vinyl as possible and just use the cd deck for the tunes I cant get on vinyl.

I think vinyl decks and a a third cdj is a good compromise for hobbyists tbh, means you can keep the vinyl addition going for the releases you love and have the cdj for cheap mp3s and stuff you can't get in vinyl .

the whole thing is pretty rude really...even if it was creditors running the store for the last wee while, the least they could do would be an official announcement stating whats going on to those that have supported the store for years so we are not all just left in the dark. I am quite annoyed as I had cataloged my D&B collection on their website too (as well as Discogs) for utilizing their mixed-in-key information, so there was no option even given for retrieving that data before things were closed. All-round pretty average customer relations to finish what was a pretty legendary store.

pm me for a full list of all the owners names, addresses and facebook links

- - - Updated - - -

:teeth:

- - - Updated - - -

in fact heres one of them - https://www.facebook.com/ChemicalMark?ref=ts&fref=ts

You must be new here....

Surely glad that I've asked, thanks for the answer, that clears everything out. Even though my question was a bit offtopic, I avoided creating a new topic and asked this question, that is related to Chemical Records, here. But ... such community, wow answers.

Last edited:
Surely glad that I've asked, thanks for the answer, that clears everything out. Even though my question was a bit offtopic, I avoided creating a new topic and asked this question, that is related to Chemical Records, here. But ... such community, wow answers.

dude, go back 2 pages where we have all been talking about how the website is down and that they must have wound it all up. You can't just look at the last page of a thread and assume what you are asking hasn't already been talked about...

Yeah RIP

Was my first port of call for clothing and music. Sadly with clothing, there's not really any other sites good enough to take its place. :(

Back
Top Bottom