**High Today**

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
So this is my 3rd DnB track I've ever made. Apologies if the mixdown is toss but I'm attempting it through headphones, and I'm new to the whole thing!

Tune is called "High Today" and the reason will become clear once you listen.

Please take the time to leave some valuable feedback, good or bad.....it's what makes me strive to get better

Thanks

http://soundcloud.com/mr-fletch/high-today

Last edited:
lol i have used that break a few times aye!! not bad for a 3 track mate, the kick is phat, the snare could have a bit more punch in the mids, the bass line is a bit to muffled and unclear, good sampling. keep going hard bro

Not bad as mentioned above that kick is massive which makes the snare sound a little weak – maybe a touch of compression as the actual sound of the snare is good it just needs more prominence. I think you may need more of a sub – I’m only on head phones but it sounds like the bass isn’t hitting low enough infact I think the kick may be the lowest sound you have??? If it is then sort that first using a spectral analyser - just solo your bass/sub and kick and work on them until they sound big and sit well together – for a third tune its very impressive though you should be chuffed just keep at it and keep learning!

the intro needs motion, more sounds. i would still add a few layers of drums, and the snare needs more mass. the kick does sound really low and thuddy, so that may need some work. for the 3rd try, this is pretty solid. you could vary your melodies a bit as well. absolutely keep at it, you are on the right path, having already surpassed daboing several miles back!

The Intro works well for being so subtle.
Bline is cool, the riff is interesting... sounds trippy and works well with the vocal sample I think.

The variations on the bass are cool... but I'm thinking you should do some similar things with the vocal here and there since you use it so much.

The lead during the BrkDwn around 2:15ish.... I think some filter Mod on that patch would really bring it to life.

Pretty neat lil track... I think you accomplished a decent amount in 3 mins for sure. The only thing I'd do differently is add more Perc, but it's a matter of taste.

:keeprockin:

Back
Top Bottom