How to hook up Mbox Mini and mic to mixer?

DanDnB

Bass and Drums
Hi,

Newb question here.

I want to get this mixer.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/422029-REG/Behringer_2442FX_XENYX_2442FX_24.html

I have an Mbox mini and two microphones. Since I can only hook up one mic to the mbox mini, i want to somehow hook up my mbox to the mixer and another mic to my mixer.

I want pro tools to run, recognize both mics. I also want to not have to use the mbox usb out to the computer (id rather it go to the mixer somehow, im running out of usb ports).

I also want to hook up my Maudio axiom 49 to the mixer (not sure what kinda cables to get for that).

Im a little confused on how to set this all up, thanks in advance!!! :rinsed:

To run the 2 mics into Pro Tools, keep one plugged into input 1 of the Mbox, and the other one, plug into one of the first 10 channels on the Behringer. Then, on the back of the Behringer theres direct outputs for each channel, so if your 2nd mic is plugged into channel 1, then run the direct output from channel 1 to the "input 2" line input on the Mbox. Your second mic can then be selected in pro tools by setting the input of an audio channel to "mbox input 2".

In fact, to make things more logical, you could plug both your mics into channels on the Behringer, and use the Line input on both channels of the Mbox, rather than using the mic input on one and the line input on the other. That way both of your Mics will have EQ and routing options before they enter your mbox.

The Axiom 49 is a midi only keyboard, meaning it has no sounds itself, the sound you hear from playing it comes from your computer, so theres no way to plug it into the mixer.

As for hooking the Mbox up to the mixer, the last 4 channels on the Behringer are stereo channels, so you just plug left and right monitor out on the Mbox, into the left and right inputs of one of the stereo channels on the Behringer. Then you'd run the main out of the Behringer to your monitors.

The Mbox has to have the USB cable to your computer though, as this is how it communicates with pro tools.

Hope thats some help, if you get really stuck, drop me a message I'll do a wiring diagram or something for you.

Not bad at all, especialy for the price. I've got one that I've been using for the last year or two, havn't had any problems with it. Its not the greatest, but for the price it can't be moaned at.

Back
Top Bottom