stupid noob question

Lucidproduction

i aint fraid of no ghosts
VIP Junglist
im ordering some alesis m1mk2s, but i dont know what cables i need to buy with it to link it up to my computer?

my mate has an old mixing desk thats got a USB output that i need to get off him but im assuming i can plug it into that and plug that into my pc?

but im wondering what cables i need to order with my monitors, if someone could help me id really appretiate it??

The usb output from the mixer will more than likely feed either the main out, or seperate channel outs into your computer, so thats irrelevant to your monitors.

The simplest way to do it is to run the main output from your computer, back to a channel on the mixer, and then the main out of the mixer to your monitors.

The line input on the MK2's is dealt with by an XLR/jack socket, so either of those two leads will be fine. Smaller mixers tend to have most outputs on jack sockets, but the main outs may be on XLR, if thats the case, good quality XLR leads will be your best option.

If you can find out what the mixer is, then I'll let you know for definate mate.

mate thanks loads, i really appretiate your help!

its either this one or one very similar

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/1204.aspx

No worries.

2 choices then mate, jack to jack cables from the control room out of the mixer to the line in of the alesis monitors, or xlr to xlr leads from the main out of the mixer to the line in on the alesis'.

XLR is arguable a better connection, but there will be minimal difference either way for your situation.

As for the sound from your computer, using the stereo channels on the Behringer will work best, so 2 leads that have jack plugs at one end (for the mixers channels) and whatever output your computer uses at the other, will do the trick nicely.

Back
Top Bottom