Set up problem

Sweaty Teddy

Nob'ed
VIP Junglist
Basically I have had my Stanton t-80's for a few months now and there has been a problem with the right deck,it sometimes just goes really quiet then randomly gets loud again. I know this is either the needle or the cable connecting my deck to the mixer but i'd like to know if anyone has had a problem simmilar to this and what the cause of the problem was so I know what to replace.

This applies to all things electrical and signal related. Just changed things methodically until the problem stops. Change the needles for some others, change the cables, check all the connections etc etc. But only change ONE at a time, then if doesn't make a difference put it back to how it was originally and try something else.

To be fair this could even be the cabling from the tone arm all the way into the deck. This happened on my first set of decks and it was to do with the headshell fitment into the tone arm, nothing you can do unless you buy a new tone arm unfortunately.. Unless you wana quick bodge then just lick the end of the headshell where the contacts are (y)

Just re-read your message, are these decks a few months old from new or second hand? If they are new then they will be under warrenty and you can just get the piece of shit replaced.

I got them new so they are still under warranty, don't know why I didn't think of sending them back before =/ god i'm an idiot. Cheers for the help anyway mate.

i sometimes get this if i've taken my needles somewhere, unscrew the cartridges and clean both connections, but could be anything, ur faders might need a clean too, like russla said u jus gotta check with the other deck to see everything is working, keep swapping shi round...

I have a pair of stanton st8 100s, so quite similar, and had this problem on one, I first took of the headshell, then removed the cartridge and just straightend the wires out and reattached them, making sure the connection to the cart was firm and put the headshell back on and it worked fine.

a couple of times when I've been too aggressive with backspins, I have hit the headshell with my hand and the problem comes back, but i just repeat the steps above and they work fine

Back
Top Bottom