Problem with Cdj 800

Kevdino

Hey all,

I recently rented a cdj 800 and I was wondering if what im experiencing is actually a problem or simply something the cdj 800 does:

When I rewind and fast foreward a track using the platter I notice it tends to stop skipping through the track even if I continue spinning the platter, only to resume searching after stopping for a few seconds. This is kind of annoying when im trying to quickly search a song to cue it up in time for the next phrase of a tune.

since im very new to cdjs I wasnt sure if this was something I should be worried about.

Thanks!

mine does this too if i'm spinnin' it proper fast trying to rinse through a track.
so just do it a bit slower and regulate your speed. shouldn't be a problem.
or, just skip through using the search button.

problem solved.

If you look closely in the middle you should see a ring flashing when it stops fast forwarding, this is the CDJ trying to load up the song. Its not a fault, just some CDs are slower then others mainly due to dirt and finger prints on the disc. I find if you give them a little wipe before you put it in it generally tends to spin up better.

Make sure the ring in the middle has stopped flashing first tho, once its loaded it'lll forward quicker

Thanks all for the replies, The cds im using are brand new, but it cant hurt to give them a cleaning anyways. Next time I use the thing Ill check to see if the disc is loaded fully first!

Back
Top Bottom