SWEATBOX!

Didn't need to open the thread to know what this was about! Fuck me that place was moist! No ventalation and no fans, good night but nog sure if I cud handle that again too often! Any 1 c that hench girl skanking at the front?! She was a beast!!!!

Yeah I saw that bird. She was one big sweat patch. Was heavy but tooooooooo hot. Sweating like a paedo in a playground!

Yeah I saw that bird. She was one big sweat patch. Was heavy but tooooooooo hot. Sweating like a paedo in a playground!

hahaha jokes... i never went to this but i can imagin wot it was like. any1 got any comments on the sets?

The club next door, fire, had a gay fetish night on. When I was walking to the entrance of lightbox I was greeted by a middle aged man with leather chaps on and his arse out. Nnnnnnaaaaaaassssssttttttyyyyyy.

i have!
where to start tho... the lightbos hasn't got any kinda sign outside, it's just a door in a wall. if we hadn't have seen dBridge goin in, we might missed it. very odd for a club!

but totally agree on the whole sweatbox thing. you just walk in there and you get hit by this wall of moist warm b.o/beer. it was lovely!
there was some nice cool spots in there, but if you were commin from the bar and just hinted at walking on the dancefloor, BOOM! instant sweat.

but that's not important it, it just adds to the atmosphere none the less :)

so sets. got in there about 11.30/40 and miss instra:mental, as it looks like them and dBridge did 30 mins each. d was clangin slightly, but making up for it in a decent selection.

jack from spectrasoul SMASHED THE FUCK out of it. soooooooo many good good tunes getting spun, and his djing is flawless. it was like listening to andy c it was that tight and clean. some of the tunes were wutty. anyone catch that overtime remix? it's GOTTA be by spectrasoul, it's got their drums and that kind of arrangement written all over it. real keen to hear it properly. done it justice i felt.

alix up next and he was biggles. kinda took it down a bit too much at the start after jack rolled out so hard. but he brought it back up (the calm before the daddy friction storm i guess) and his new album bits are just stunning. so clear and precise, his production really has progressed further than i ever saw it. album is out 16th oct as well apparently!

friction. just. wow. easily the best set i've seen him play, ever. it was a true 'shogun set' a proper set for the heads. no cheesey gimmicky tunes being played. he didn't need to get the crowd on his side, it was just all love. 2 hours of the sickest selection. highlights included;
evil twin > uprising vip
heavyweight (rewind) doubled up with i'm free
heavyweight (2nd drop) > drone!!!! > hi tek :rinsed:
he also drew for sugar hill!!!! fucking daddy friction knows.
solid set. can't complain. brilliant.

icicle. WUTTTTTT. bergh. disgusting. possibly my favourite set of the night. every tune was screw face after screw face after screw face. just when you thought it couldn't get any worse it just did. loved it. fucking driftwood made my chest shake!!! only tune of the night to really get to me. i say possibly my favourite set of the night.... because....

break rolled out the rolling business. what was that first tune he doubled with block control?!?!!?! jeeeeeeez. after that he just rolled it true break style. selection was tidy and he mixing was crisp. some of his new bit were groovy as well. such killer bass to them. i would suck his ball if i could. so good.

so all in all, it was pretty average yeah?

shouts to crook - lookin lean up! ;)
boob - nice to meet you man!!
gcurtis - always a pleasure!
double j - nice to know who you are after all this time!
matty b - you almost crushed my hand when you shook it!

hope i haven't forgotton anyone. big ups to all that reached.

Last edited:
i have!
where to start tho... the lightbos hasn't got any kinda sign outside, it's just a door in a wall. if we hadn't have seen dBridge goin in, we might missed it. very odd for a club!

but totally agree on the whole sweatbox thing. you just walk in there and you get hit by this wall of moist warm b.o/beer. it was lovely!
there was some nice cool spots in there, but if you were commin from the bar and just hinted at walking on the dancefloor, BOOM! instant sweat.

but that's not important it, it just adds to the atmosphere none the less :)

so sets. got in there about 11.30/40 and miss instra:mental, as it looks like them and dBridge did 30 mins each. d was clangin slightly, but making up for it in a decent selection.

jack from spectrasoul SMASHED THE FUCK out of it. soooooooo many good good tunes getting spun, and his djing is flawless. it was like listening to andy c it was that tight and clean. some of the tunes were wutty. anyone catch that overtime remix? it's GOTTA be by spectrasoul, it's got their drums and that kind of arrangement written all over it. real keen to hear it properly. done it justice i felt.

alix up next and he was biggles. kinda took it down a bit too much at the start after jack rolled out so hard. but he brought it back up (the calm before the daddy friction storm i guess) and his new album bits are just stunning. so clear and precise, his production really has progressed further than i ever saw it. album is out 16th oct as well apparently!

friction. just. wow. easily the best set i've seen him play, ever. it was a true 'shogun set' a proper set for the heads. no cheesey gimmicky tunes being played. he didn't need to get the crowd on his side, it was just all love. 2 hours of the sickest selection. highlights included;
evil twin > uprising vip
heavyweight (rewind) doubled up with i'm free
heavyweight (2nd drop) > drone!!!! > hi tek :rinsed:
he also drew for sugar hill!!!! fucking daddy friction knows.
solid set. can't complain. brilliant.

icicle. WUTTTTTT. bergh. disgusting. possibly my favourite set of the night. every tune was screw face after screw face after screw face. just when you thought it couldn't get any worse it just did. loved it. fucking driftwood made my chest shake!!! only tune of the night to really get to me. i say possibly my favourite set of the night.... because....

break rolled out the rolling business. what was that first tune he doubled with block control?!?!!?! jeeeeeeez. after that he just rolled it true break style. selection was tidy and he mixing was crisp. some of his new bit were groovy as well. such killer bass to them. i would suck his ball if i could. so good.

so all in all, it was pretty average yeah?

shouts to crook - lookin lean up! ;)
boob - nice to meet you man!!
gcurtis - always a pleasure!
double j - nice to know who you are after all this time!
matty b - you almost crushed my hand when you shook it!

hope i haven't forgotton anyone. big ups to all that reached.

Sounds fucking awesome, gutted I couldn't make it. I know what you're saying about Icicle though, the man is a stone cold killer. he absolutely slaughtered it when I saw him, wicked wicked DJ.

I was fuckin haps when Friction dropped Rework

And the reaction when he dropped Heavyweight was just madness lol

Also I would LOVE to know the 1st tune Alix Perez rewound after he switched it from the mellow business

Friction was very very very good

And I was really impressed with Alix Perez too

i'm trying to strain my brain. i really wana say un cut - midnight (that new remix that's floating about) [which he then doubled with true romance]
but i'm not sure he did. i'm almost sure he did, but i'm not.

Overtime remix is siiiiiiiiiiiiick. rhys pretty much said all that i need to say about the night as well. Apart from the lights - the lights on the ceiling were so cool! and the multicoloured laser! crazyyy.

next one looks bigger than big. think it's worth going to the sweatbox for. so happy that shogun is nack in LDN, missed it so much. friction bought the fiyah, icicle bought the filth. jack from spectrasoul tore the place apart, he's such a good dj! also props to ID, SP & stamina who were all standardly sick.

big up to the g man gcurtis, well good to see you mate! and the one like miles (views) always good to see you! and big up boob & crook, nice to meet you. crook gave me & riisu bare jokes near the end!

shit! forgot about miles and his waving camera arm hand! sorry man!!!

crook was leaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnn up. 'you twos, you're like, you're like been on the forum ages more than me.... :teeth:'

100% accurate account of what happened including teeth.

Back
Top Bottom