Share your Logic tips here.

It sounds like you're making you life more difficult. Use EXS24 and map you new controller to that. Hate to say it but you might need to RTFM

Good thread here...

With regards to Ultrabeat, we've never really used it much but recently got a new midi controller with drum pads which only seem to work when used with it. This will sound dumb but how do you assign your own samples (kicks, snares etc) in it? Had a muck round the other day and could only get Ultrabeat to load a Logic sample library, surely you must be able to assign your own individual samples to each key in Ultrabeat?

You can of course. In the AU preset browser you can find an Init preset whcih will empty all the parameters and samples.
In the Audio OSC section (shown) I'm pretty sure you can click on the title or something and it will give you the option to load a sample from your library.

5mGE3.jpg

I'm also pretty sure you can drag and drop samples from Logics browser onto the little box where the audio is shown.

When using MIDI, if the notes are changing in volume too much, you can use the Inspector - Dynamics function to reduce this. Saves a shit load of time if you play something in all over the place.

Re: The Logic thread (From production problems to basic tips)

Colouring your regions can be your best friend when dealing with huge arrangements with a lot going on. Press alt + c to bring up the colour palette

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: The Logic thread (From production problems to basic tips)

Colouring your regions can be your best friend when dealing with huge arrangements with a lot going on. Press alt + c to bring up the colour palette

and tracks stacks even better. I took a leaf out of Mefjus's book, works a charm.

After creating an Ultrabeat loop how do u seperate the different parts on the mixer so u can give em different efffects and EQ

This was asked a while ago but it's still a good tip!

If you wanna process the individual samples on ultra beat you'll have to route the samples to your mixer, this can be useful if for example you wanna add things like reverb to a snare without affecting the whole drum kit.

To do this look at the left hand side of ultra beat where the piano is shown vertically, if you often use ultrabeat (or any sampler) you will know that each key plays whatever sample has been loaded onto it. Now if you look slightly to the right of the vertical keyboard (specifically right next to the pan parameter) you will see the words "main" listed parallel to each key of the keyboard. THIS is what sends the samples to the mixer. Click on "main" on the sample you wish to output and you will notice a list of numbers. The first half of the list are stereo channels and the bottom half are mono channels. To make things simple for now choose 17 so we are in mono.

Now go to your mixer and select the options drop down box (should be located in the top left of the mixer window)

Select create new aux channel strip and make sure the format is mono and hit create.

Now a new auxiliary channel should pop up on your mixer.

Look just above the channel fader of your new auxiliary channel and you should see a little box that says "input 1". Click on this box and follow path: Inst 1 -> UB17. This will connect your mixer to ultra beat as it routes the output of ultra eat to you mixers input.
(Bear in mind if you selected any other number on ultra beats output you would have to make sure the number matches on your mixers input)

Now you should be able to apply any FX to this sample without it affecting all of your other samples!

Another tip to speed up your workflow is to preroute ultra beat channels to your mixer then save this as a template so you don't have to faf around every time you start a new project!

Back
Top Bottom