Dnb Forum Podcasts & Competition Website

What do you guys want to do?

• Total voters

*Chloe

VIP Junglist
Helllooo
Have had a little think and i think that if enough people are involved
id be willing to get a domain and design a website for the forum competitions and put all the mixes up on there with covers and have it all archived, would also put the mixes out to more people that just the forum. Also run a weekly/monthly podcast with a rotation of djs and have it go thru itunes has well so its automatically downloaded every week or month, spoke to fortune about this last month..

* A section dedicated just to the competitions archiving all the past winners and competition entries.
The winners will have their seperate page with a cover designed and a chance to highlight them as well on there.
* A section dedicated to a monthly dnbforum podcast, which i think can be a bi-monthly thing.
* A section highlighting a random dj each month with a mix by them and etc to help get their name out.
* A little section help out all the little labels that are on the forum and do like label/independent tune of the month with a little section for them to get people to have a listen drop a comment.

This website is not to take away from the forum, only to have all the mixes up there organizes and easy to find and also so other people can have a chance to download them, as well as the podcast.

Also i thought as a way to help with donations that i can run a couple of ads on there as well for radio stations or labels and etc and have them on rotation there??

Wanted to do this so people dont have to go thru 4 pages of chit chat on the forum to look for the mixes and it would be a bit more organized and all archived for everyone and a chance to help people get booked and etc.

Let me know what you guys think ! If enough people are on it ill get started on it immediately.
and share your ideas and what you want on it.
This would be quite a simple website as to not take away from the forum in any way shape or form.

it would be like 8-10 quid for the domain name
and about 10-15 quid to get a sick wordpress theme to have like flash animation for the podcasts and all that.

if you want to help out and donate you can do it thru here. paypal charges 50p a donation.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted

Right
i spoke with SDM and he's not keen on me using dnbforum name outside of here basically.
However he's offering to open up a new subforum called "dnbforum competitions//podcasts//DJ Of The Month, where i can make a thread for each past competition, have the artwork and all that. Same with the podcasts. So its a bit more organized than now.
The only downside to this really is that i cant put the mixes out to anyone that isnt willing to join the forum, its still the cluttered feel of the forum and it wont be as easy as thru a little website.
He's also offered to host the podcasts so we can easily put them thru itunes subscription.

Also im not exactly sure "when" sdm will do this as ive been told he is very very busy, and this will be put on his "to do list" if i dont get a reply from him by the end of the week ill go ahead with a seperate website.

For the podcasts there will be TWO different sections to them, still not sure whether to do one or two a month.
*A section featuring a DJ from the forum with a mix by them which will be join with A section featuring upcoming forum producers tunes mixed by someone that can either do the mix on his computer or has a cddj. This will help out the production section of the forum.

So what do you guys want? i can either have just the subforum or i can run the website as well with other little sections like to promote djs and labels on the side WITHOUT using the forum names, so we could come up with our own thing, so you guys can send the link of the website to your mates, or on your facebook and people can easily download them and etc.
Would look a little bit like this, so you guys can get a visual of it.
http://www.elegantthemes.com/preview/CherryTruffle/

Its all up to you guys, also if people who have donated just want to do the subforum want their money back let me know, or if they want to keep it for the competitions. So far we have 45 quid in it, but 40 of it will be going to september's competition, leaving us with 5 quid. Also i checked and the bastards that are paypal say "PayPal issues a refund of 40% of the total fees." So again up to you guys.

I can also maybe use this money towards the podcasts and the future competitions, i was also thinking of doing something nice for the people who have donated such a dnb poster designed by me, bulk orders are not as expensive so i was looking into that.

The moment i have everyone's thought the faster we can get this started.

IVE ADDED A POLL PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR OPINION.
Also i m only gonna take the votes of people who have said something in this thread or shown interest in the competitions.
Not ramdom votes.

Last edited:
im really serious about this ! i will get this done by the end of the month even before, if people are interested and i get a little bit of donation towards the domain thru go daddy.com

On it. Will help out where i can if you want. PM me the ideas or something and ill see what i can do :)

ive already looked into little things like
a subscription widget so people can just subscribe to the feed in one simple click.
and all that.

Ive emailed sdm asking him for permission, when i do, ill start a donation fund.
once i get 10 quid, i can buy the domain name with sdm's permission since it will be a dnbforum competition and podcasts. and then we can get started ! i can buy the wordpress template and sort the donations for that later.

Yeah right how do we donate, I'm good for being a part of this, in years to come it will be a massive resource for new DJs and will be nice to see the progression of what could end up being a huge competition!

ill happily donate as i do take advantage of the mixes section and like every1 be4 has sed already this is gr8 for people wanting exposure as djs/producers

Back
Top Bottom