ballad of a warlord - safety*

tense.. builds alot of tension, sort of tune you think you would here stood on a conveyer belt entering hell, or stood on the devils tongue entering into his mouth, and theres all fire and shit coming up from his belly and you tune starts playing out of his nostrils..

dunno why but i fuckin love the tune, sounds really original, the chanting sample reminds me of indiana jones, like im tied up and about to get my heart ripped out..temple of doom style..

you may know wht im talking about ... or not ..

i think they should of used your tune for this scene ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McnM2iP85DI

where you get the sample from ???

its quality. think itd work well on a jungle style tune aswell

tense.. builds alot of tension, sort of tune you think you would here stood on a conveyer belt entering hell, or stood on the devils tongue entering into his mouth, and theres all fire and shit coming up from his belly and you tune starts playing out of his nostrils..

dunno why but i fuckin love the tune, sounds really original, the chanting sample reminds me of indiana jones, like im tied up and about to get my heart ripped out..temple of doom style..

you may know wht im talking about ... or not ..

i think they should of used your tune for this scene ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McnM2iP85DI

quality feedback. i reckon i should hit up the drunkards for feedback more often. i always try and get some feeling into my music. how a person feels is often the best inspiration you can have.

where you get the sample from ???

its quality. think itd work well on a jungle style tune aswell

it's a bounty killer acapella and i wouldn't be suprised if someone hasn't used it for that already

Liked that!
Decent bass, good use of strings n 'bagpipes' lol

Vocals were pretty dark.. agree with ethix in that it'd work well in a straight up jungle tune.

Deep and mysterious pads always put me in a good place. :D

The sub rocks and the accompanying textures are cool. The string/lead line isn't my cup though. I'm also not into ragga type vocs, but to each their own.

I'd be proud if I put this together in the headphones, it sounds pretty damn good. I can't fault anything, I'm listening in HPs myself and it sounds well balanced.

Liked that!
Decent bass, good use of strings n 'bagpipes' lol

Vocals were pretty dark.. agree with ethix in that it'd work well in a straight up jungle tune.

i never even heard it like bagpipes until you said that, but i see what you mean. i thought it sounded like a penny whistle sample

Deep and mysterious pads always put me in a good place. :D

The sub rocks and the accompanying textures are cool. The string/lead line isn't my cup though. I'm also not into ragga type vocs, but to each their own.

I'd be proud if I put this together in the headphones, it sounds pretty damn good. I can't fault anything, I'm listening in HPs myself and it sounds well balanced.

ragga vocals rock my world, i've even got another one lined up for my next track. thanks for listening

hey man, im feelin the tune, nice dark groover.
perhaps you may find some constructive criticism on the production useful.
The whole mix is very 2 dimensional imo. whilst you have a correct level balance between the tracks, and without any audible frequency clashing (from what i can hear on the hifi speakers at the mo), but there's no depth. Use some reverb and/or delay to create this sense. Set two send channels, one with a short reverb, for percussive and rhythmical sounds, and a longer one for pads/strings/vocals etc. Now start sending each track to the reverbs. The more "wet" a track gets, the further back in the mix it will stand.
other than that, i cant say much else really. perhaps the bass is a bit too grimey and reese like for ragga, but thats just down to taste.

(y)

Back
Top Bottom