New Track, feedback appreciated.

MrWoggles

Hey guys,

Got a new short tune for you, would appreciate any feedback on both musicianship as well as production skills.

Tune is reminiscent of Still Grey. Sound fairly liquid, which is something i'm not used to making.

Cheers to everyone who helped me out on the "How to make the drums sound right and tight" thread, helped me tons though i've still got much to learn.

Any comments appreciated, obviously still a work in progress and i've got a lot to learn.

Listen to it (it's short, like 2 mins) and get back to me. Some weird stuff towards the end btw. Last segment

Thanks in advance.

http://soundcloud.com/mrwogges/toomuchlikestillgrey

Oh if anyone is wondering I used FL to make this. In fact, I'm sitting on a laptop without a mouse since I don't got access to my desktop at the moment.

not bad for a starter, maybe pump up the bass a little bit cuz I can hardly hear it
snare could use a bit of bottom maybe, kick sounds ok...
try to work on your fx 2, they sound a bit sloppy and is sounding to hard in the mix imo(not sure what others would say)

yeh man its getting there keep working on it. you need more of a thud on ur snare.. find a low sounding snare and layer it, then eq as needed. maybe the glidey synth needs to be a bit quieter? (listening thru phones tho, so i could be wrong)

dropbox me an updated one at somepoint and i will have another listen

Cheers a lot guys. I actually layered a low snare with a higher one but I didn't want to take the risk of the snare and kick sounding too dominant. Will EQ the low snare better. Cheers on the feedback, making amends as I write this.

Regarding the bass, i'm afraid to raise it because it's heavy on Voxengo. I can't actually hear any of the bass myself because i'm on a laptop so i'm dependant on spectroanalysis but will make amends to that as soon as I get to some speakers, earplugs or even headphones.

Is the panning ok do people think? I'm not sure how to go about it. As it is right now I try to keep sounds in similar frequency ranges on different ends but i'm not exactly sure how to approach it.

Cheers a lot guys. I actually layered a low snare with a higher one but I didn't want to take the risk of the snare and kick sounding too dominant. Will EQ the low snare better. Cheers on the feedback, making amends as I write this.

Regarding the bass, i'm afraid to raise it because it's heavy on Voxengo. I can't actually hear any of the bass myself because i'm on a laptop so i'm dependant on spectroanalysis but will make amends to that as soon as I get to some speakers, earplugs or even headphones.

Is the panning ok do people think? I'm not sure how to go about it. As it is right now I try to keep sounds in similar frequency ranges on different ends but i'm not exactly sure how to approach it.

as for panning, i tend to keep everything pretty centered.. but thats just me. Dont think toooo much about the frequencies. I litterly just make something and keep adding to it until it sounds full. but then again this is only my opinion :)

Hey man.
The panning on your FX is quite harsh- I'd suggest a smoother pan, or not quite so far left/right.

Beats are lots better than before.. bass sounds ok for me.
Lead synth sounds quite random.
It also sounds mega loud (0db at least)
Definitely progress though.
Sounds quite crisp and clean too which is good :)

way too mach panning, pu on some headphones and solo that panned synth, you will not like it as i will make you feel like you have gone deff in one ear, very weird feeling, try just to pan a about 10% left and 10% right and it will sound much better.

Sounds like you've got some excessive compression going on, everything tends to quieten down a lot when a new sound comes in. Otherwise nice attempt. :)

ps. I'm new here and to dnb but there's my input anyway. :)

Back
Top Bottom