Building up a Vinyl collection..

Harry3

Chuki
VIP Junglist
Started bedroom DJing about 2 years ago, bought some Numark decks and a mixer from a mate who also gave me about 60 vinyls for free, most of them Techno and Old School dark acid shit.

But anyway i found buying new vinyls mega expensive, so i switched to CDJs which I have found cheaper and more practical. But now I have the urge to go back to Vinyls (as I now have a job..).

Anyway: easiest way to build up a decent DnB vinyl collection quite quickly?

check www.discogs.com and look for users who have a lot of tunes for sale that you like so that you will only have to contact one (or a few) users instead of buying all these tunes seperatly..

i hear you man! it does get expensive! i've been wanting to try cd decks, but eh.. i still want to keep my vinyl and use my vinyl! i just need to get some new tunes! been a min since I actually got something new!

If you live near record shops or anywhere like that then use them. Especially if they sell second hand things. You never know what you'll find and the second hand stuff will be quite a bit cheaper (y)

Started bedroom DJing about 2 years ago, bought some Numark decks and a mixer from a mate who also gave me about 60 vinyls for free, most of them Techno and Old School dark acid shit.

But anyway i found buying new vinyls mega expensive, so i switched to CDJs which I have found cheaper and more practical. But now I have the urge to go back to Vinyls (as I now have a job..).

Anyway: easiest way to build up a decent DnB vinyl collection quite quickly?

Where do you live? If you're in a major city check gumtree.com a lot of the time people are selling whole collections on the cheap but you have to be quick to get in there before they're sold.

Back
Top Bottom