The Hardest Tune To Mix Ever?

Dj_Matty_C

Hi All,

I am new to this group and i am new to Dj'ing, I dabbled years ago with some old sounlabs and left it for 10 yeras and came back and got some decent equiptment.

Anyway....To the Point!

One of my Favourite DnB Tunes Is called R-Type by Jo.

Now anyone who is round about my age and maybe younger i dunno will probably know this tune, as it was spun by all the dj's "back in the day".

I purchased this record and couldnt wait to get it spinning.

Ever since i played this record, it has become the bain of my life!

This may very well be the most awkward DnB tune ever? I cant find a decent mix using this tune anywhere, i cant seem to match the beats, they are everywhere!

Tell me peeps, is this tune a bitch to mix, or am i just a shyte Dj in need of much more practice?

Go easy on me!

Thanks Guys.

Matty_C

hmm never really mixed much jungle but that song doesn't really seem to have much of a particularly odd structure or anything, just try and follow the rhythm of kick drum maybe or try slow it and practice, then practice some more.

on the same subject I tried mixing a load of Aphex Twin songs earlier,made me feel ill in the end:D

It's got a pretty standard pattern compared to some jungle tunes tbh. Just keep trying with different tunes, practice beat-matching more etc. as others have said.

Burial's tunes on the other hand...

You know, i used to have all those tunes, renegade snares etc. I have looked into buying them again.

Man i was sick, i paid £5's for them when they were released, now people are selling them for £25's...I have mannaged to get a couple in re-presses though.

R - type one of my fav tunes!!!!!! searched high and low for this a few years back and managed to get it when friction & frenzic released the remix!!
the hardest tune hmm wil have a think about that one????

Not really a hard tune to mix. If you havent mixed jungle for a while you will struggle. R type's a pretty easy tune once you get the hang of it. Also isnt that slow so you can mix with new stuff.

id say hardest tune to mix from personal experience was Masochist Pendulum. I remember Hype beat jugling them a few years back. i was like WTF?!!?

id say hardest tune to mix from personal experience was Masochist Pendulum. I remember Hype beat jugling them a few years back. i was like WTF?!!?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember this. I thought it was a remix or a vip at first.

Not really a hard tune to mix. If you havent mixed jungle for a while you will struggle. R type's a pretty easy tune once you get the hang of it. Also isnt that slow so you can mix with new stuff.

id say hardest tune to mix from personal experience was Masochist Pendulum. I remember Hype beat jugling them a few years back. i was like WTF?!!?

Beat juggling is the same with any tune once you can actually do it

Beat juggling is the same with any tune once you can actually do it

I would say not. For example beat juggling summint like selecta would be quite easy in comparison to Masachosit which is hard to mix, let alone beat juggle.

Masochist isn't hard to mix in my experience of using it.

@ Flicky. The Hunt would go really well with some Panacea stuff.

I have been known to do a little juggle with metropolis from time to time. I'm not very consistant but when it works it has been known to 'set off the dance' (y)

Juggling D&B out in clubs is rubbish and pointless. Unless its DMC, juggling in the club shouldnt happen (unless you're using 2 copies of a hip hop record produced by DJ premier, then it may be ok)

Back
Top Bottom