My Own Label

vavris

Ez peeps, maybe It sounds a bit crazy :D, but I'm interesting about making my own label. (DnB & Dubstep vinyl releases)
Could someone tell me what I need for making vinyl's and all other things?
(No worries about finances :))

All informations and ideas are welcome! :)

Last edited:
research.. google.. if your interested ni it properly spend time fining out the ins and outs, pros and cons of the market , so you can have an idea how your gunna work it. you gunna produce / make your own tracks, or sign people to your lable and release their tunes, you need to get a vynil presser, also are you going to master these tracvks, if so you need to find out about mastering and practice what your doing which will take time.. not as easy as getting an mp3 of someones tune you like, getting a black vynil and pressing it on .. i dont know about it . but seriously google is your friend

spell vinyl right first

That helps...

I see you are in Eastern Europe too. I'll be your UK contact, as everyone knows the UK is the home of D&B you need to get a decent foothold in the british vinyl market.

I see finance isn't an issue, well all I need is a little cash advance up front to get A&R and researching sorted, 2000 USD should do it. PM me for paypal details.

Yeah its alot more effort than it seems at first ill tell you that much.

If youre into it then go for it, but be prepared to push yourself :)

the first thing to realise is that you aren't going to be a big label because you aren't:

- a big producer
- a big DJ
- a big promoter
- been in the scene since the beginning
- filling a gap in demand / the dnb market

if you really just want to do it because you're into the music and you don't care about the reputation or sales count of your label, then go ahead and I wish you the best of luck!

(note: I'm not trying to come across mean, pessimistic or sarcy here; I'm really saying that the first thing to consider when you're starting up a label is your own realistic expectations of where you have the ability to take the label, so as not to get disappointed)

Be prepared to work at it all the time
Dont sign badly produced, unoriginal dross as the scene needs that like it needs a hole in the head
Be patient
Be nice
Be prepared for no one to care unless you release known artists

Be prepared to work at it all the time
Dont sign badly produced, unoriginal dross as the scene needs that like it needs a hole in the head
Be patient
Be nice
Be prepared for no one to care unless you release known artists
Good advice!

Back
Top Bottom