.02 DNBFORUM ALLSTARS COMP - ROUND1&2 MIXES

flicky go for it and enter.
altho refrain from looking at gloxxy's tl please.
dont know if its fair , i hope he doesnt mind this.

3 Decks http://www.sendspace.com/file/t5xpp1
Moving Fusion - Sex Drive (Ram)
Subfocus - Flamenco (Ram)
>> Zinc - SKA (Ganja)
G Dub - Finding the three (Ganja)
Taxman - Too Bad VIP (Ganja)
>> Ram Trilogy - Milkyway (Ram)
Culture Shock - Vice Chase (Ram)
Moving Fusion - Atlantis (Ram)
>> Moving Fusion - Turbulence (Ram)
Ram Trilogy - Huggy Bear (Ram)
Subfocus - Swamp thing (Ram)
Hazard - Killers dont die (Ganja)
>> Original Sin & Taxman - Seen
Subfocus - Rock it (Ram)
>> Ram Trilogy - Beastman (Ram)

me too just need to listen to flickys
ive got my decision already.

Needing more people to sign up to the festival comp tho!

Will haev the results up tomorrow
waiting for joey's and smarty's results

prospekt and fazer will not give results as they have been busy at glasto & moving houses.
still no worries all the judges (gordo,joey,scuba,toej,boudi and i, smarty) have put our time in this. and everyone is judged out of 105 points.
You will receive your mark and all your feedback as well

even though I havent really been about or had time I have managed to stick these mixes on my ipod and have had a chance to listen to a few of them. by tomorow i would've listened to all of them properly and will have my results in. good luck to all.

sorry been busy.
not been on the computer in ages.
results will come soon.

WINNER IS RIISU

Riisu: 106 out of 120
*Nice mixing, however I don't think this mix touched your previous attempt in round one. All the tunes were blended nicely and I thought the beat matching was pretty much top notch.
*It really sound like you took into account my comments from the last mix, EQin was boss, DD’s were big, nice long mixes kept me listenin.
*Balanced and consistent, probs my favourite mix of this round.

Flicky: 103 out of 120
*Really decent mix, good work Flicky seening as you modelled this together with short notice. This mix had a real good energy and I think the only problem with it were the levels between tracks. Good job!
*Fair play, he did get in at the last, but he has done a rushed job and this shows in the final piece.
*No doubt this boy has skills, some really technical 3 deck mixing.
*Mixture of old & new. ‘flamenco’ was nice to hear too.

Gloxxy: 103 out of 120
*Pure filth from the outset, big…represented Ranagade Hardware and RAM like a true pro.
*Gloxxy strikes again, massive mix, real heavy and enjoyed it from start to finish.
*Great track selection, brillant mixing, top marks to you sir!
Amazing mix, although a bit congested at points.perhaps it didnt need as many tracks.
*I was very impressed with Gloxxy’s mixing, I feel like he improved from the last round too. Smooth mixing & tight eqing.

Nuera; 101 out of 120
*Good solid mixing. Wasn't too sure on the intro, something didn't seem right mixing "overfiend" with "let it happen". But otherwise I really enjoyed some of the blends, with a good choice of tunes on your tracklist.
*Good mix with fat tunes, a worthy battle mix, he was bringing the pressure that controller didn’t deliver with his beats.
*Absolutely nothing wrong with it. would like to have heard some special moves.
*Matty’s mixing was great. I loved his intro (like always) Eqing very good. Smooth, tight mixing throughout. A mix I would gladly listen to again & again. ‘seen’ / ‘mercia’ was siiiiiick!!!
*Very good choice of tracks for the two labels in question. Loved his tune of the year. Fresh tunes + older bits. ‘let it happen’ being a favourite of mine.
*Matty ‘s was the first mix, along with Dave’s I received. Follwed the rules well in both rounds Very keen in all threads about the competition. Also made his tune of the year obvious.

Back
Top Bottom