Reason xperts..any ideas on this problem?

konfusement

Ok. I have a track that I've made in Reason 1.0 and it sounds fine when I am just listening to the various "devices" play, yet when I try to actually copy the pattern of SPECIFICALLY the Redrum machine, it does so, but the snare sounds like its chopped in half...like the system can't handle playing the entire sound file all of the sudden. In order to duplicate the effect, I found that I can reduce the LENGTH of the snare when I am playing the devices "live" and that simulates the problem when I copy the pattern to the sequencer track. It only happens when I copy the pattern to the track from the redrum machine and ONLY a specific snare sound. Also, I don't notice any unusual jumps in the CPU meter or anything visually slow down..it just will not play the entire snare sound when the redrum pattern is copied to the track. IT'S driving me LOONEY TUNES. I have this really nice song for once..and then this shit.
Any clues would be most appreciated!!!

Here are my lowly system specs, which may be the problem..you tell me:
Duron 800
320 RAM
Creative SB Live! Soundcard

BTW, the pad sounds and TWO basslines are written to track, obviously, and they work fine played live simultaneous to the redrum pattern I'm having problems with..that's why I don't think its a resources thing. Wouldn't it be more likely to crap out when more devices are playing at once?

AH shit. I think I just solved it. It was that all of my snare samples had the Drum/Decay Mode set to: 1 as opposed to 0. :oscar:

Last edited:
well im no reason expert (never used it), but it sounds like it could be a problem with the number of voices the drum machine can play (or is set to play).... try fiddling with any nobs that say "voices" or "polyphony" etc etc

I had this going on once too, I think this was the trick: it sounds like it chopped in half because it is so..
check in the sequencer, the length of the notes for the snare prolly should be longer.

If it's not that, then check the state of the button on the redrum where you can choose the decay (or something like that, not all Reason's button are in my head ;0).
If this one is turned up (square wave symbol), it might not play the full note according to length. Or was it turned down? I can't remember now, anyway, I'm pretty sure you can fix it with one of this ways.

i think i know the prob u no.
for sum reason the gate ting on redrums dont properly work, on each drum slot in the redrum, youll see a switch, where u can flip to slopy triangle or square, you need to have it on slopy triangle mode,

Back
Top Bottom