EP for the week of 12/07/03: Unknown RSN-69

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
*MP3s no longer available*

New Feature: EP of the week! Thats right, I'll be encoding one of my own hardcore records every week in December 2003 and January 2004. These will be high quality 256kbps rips and each "EP" will feature all the tracks on that EP, even if they suck. The idea came to me to do this after I saw my friend Chris Julio was doing this and the fact that theres lots of a** holes on the net these days selling these records for incredibly high prices (even the filler tunes). So due to this, owning some of these records has become financially impossible. Hopefully this feature will make a dent in this problem which as become as problematic as spam email. Spinning MP3s in a set has never been easier either. Theres lots of products available at the moment which can make this do-able and affordable. I now have a computer with a CDR burner and for Xmas I'm getting a Numark Axis-2 CDR deck ($200.00) with pitch features. So lets kick these UK 'Xpensivecore (2nd hand market) a** holes in the nuts and download n' spin away these files!

For this week 12/07/03, I have encoded a very strange white label that I picked up at Break Beat Science in the late 90s. This was before the massive price gouging that has plagued the entire '1992 loving scene' ever since so this one only cost me $10.00 which is very reasonable.

I have no idea who made this record, what the names of the tunes are, or what the label RSN even is. What I do know is this record must have been made with Easygroove in mind as its exactly the style of hard jungle tekno I would expect to hear in one of his sets. Tracks A1 and A2 are nearly the same, both very hard hitting jungle tekno with amen loops and crazy acid riffs. Track B1 is simmilar to the A side only is much more sparse and dark where the FM Bass loop takes center stage. Track B2 is a beatless version of B1, its almost as if this artist was begging DJs out there to remix this track as its just asking for it. For a while I had that FM loop as the "greeting" sound my computer plays when its turned on.

Artist: Unknown
EP Title: Unknown
Track A1
Track A2
Track B1
Track B2http://www.niceboots.com/~1992/MP3/Choons/RSN-69/RSN-69_Unknown_-_Track_B2.mp3
Label: Rising High Records
Catalog Number: RSN-69

N-Joi! :gslayer:

Last edited:
RSN? Might it be Rising High Records?

According to this page, RSN 69 is "Edible Pumas" by Minimalistic Source... but who the hell knows. It is a possibility according to discogs.com -- apparently the B1 and B2 tracks are named "Girl On Top" and "Girls On Top" respectively, which would fit with your description...

It would be really funny if it is in fact that record -- apparently Minimalistic Source is a collaboration between Pascal FEOS and Pete Namlook, a couple of German artists who are more well known for their ambient releases (Pete Namlook owns the FAX label) and their trance output (Pascal FEOS being one half of Resistance D, a group that's done quite a few of my favorite oldskool trance records).

WOW! Thats funny you say that Chris because this record is right next to 4 Voice (Pete Namlook) "Move" (FAX PIC08144) in my crate. Both tunes are very much in the same hardcore style.

Wow I think you nailed it Chris, this must be it. But look at this...

Format: 12"
Catalog#: RSN 069
Released: ?
Style: Hard Trance

Hard Trance???? WTF??? This is hardly trance. If this is trance then I am a trance lover and Sasha & Dickweed are my heros. :cheerlead

Ohh brother.......

Well its the correct catalog number except for the "0" before "69" which is clearly not in the run off rings (there is a "-" instead), the song titles match up, and I have that 4 Voice record which sounds extremely simmilar right down to the poor EQing.

Last edited:
RIP Caspar Pound
=\

Hes dead? Then again your Tony Clifton, so perhaps your trying to trick me, cause thats what Tony Clifton does. Well RIP Andy Kophman(sp) never the less. - 1992

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah man!! brain tumor. :(

ok. i found the link http://www.trustthedj.com/SKRUFFF/news_article.php?news_id=2533
but doesn't pull the article up anymore.
luckily i copied/pasted it in a thread somewhere weeks ago:

rsncd21.jpg
rsnlp35c.jpg

:( :(

http://www.trustthedj.com/SKRUFFF/news_article.php?news_id=2533
UK Techno/ Trance Pioneer Dies Aged 33
06/05/2004

Legendary British techno/ trance producer Caspar Pound died last week (April 30) after suffering from cancer for two years. Silver Planet Recordings chief Dave Conway, who worked with Caspar during his Rising High days in the early 90s, paying tribute to the legendarily colourful clubland character, on a statement posted on his site this week.

“Caspar Pound passed away last Friday at his home. Only 33, his life was cut short by a cancerous tumour on the brain,” said Dave.

“Friends, lovers, acquaintances, even rivals and others will undoubtedly remember him fondly for the person that he was - rude but wonderful. One could not help but love him.”

Dave also chatted to Skrufff about his old friend and revealed that Caspar had only discovered his illness two years ago when he needed emergency surgery after he suddenly collapsed.

“The last time I spoke to Caspar he told me he was pissed off that he’d let people know about his condition,:lol::-/” said Dave.

“After his operation, he rejected chemotherapy because he wanted to live his life as normally and fully as he could. He was a fucking brave guy.”

New York DJ Keoki also hung out extensively with Caspar in the mid-90s and chatting to Skrufff last year, spoke affectionately of their relationship.

“Caspar really brought out the rebel in me,” Keoki recalled.

“He made me feel I could do anything.”

Caspar started his recording career scoring chart hits with Mark Williams as A Homeboy, A Hippie & A Funki Dredd, before setting up Rising High in 1991, when he was just 21. The label rapidly became one of the most influential and respected dance labels of the era, championing hardcore techno and the first wave of German trance (including Resistance D and Hardfloor’s seminal trance anthem Acperience in ‘93).

“Rising High has been at the forefront, if not beyond it, in all the major developments of dance music in the 90s,” The Guinness Book of Techno said in 1994, “yet Rising High has also retained an endearing self-mockery and unfettered approach to dance music.”

“I like nosebleed techno,” Caspar once said, “the more nosebleedy the better.” (Guinness Book of Techno)

http://www.silverplanetrecordings.com (‘Caspar will continue to live through his music and in the hearts of people who were lucky enough to know him. May he rest in peace’)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom