Latest liquid.

*State

Self confessed VW nut
Hi this is a one of the new tunes im working on at the moment. any thoughts and critisizm is more than welcome.

Im gonna go on a major vocal hunt now... and hopefully find the right one. This tune is already a cpu hog so looks like i'll have to bounce a few things down lol.

The tune is called "short clip(wip)" for now, and is at the top in the player.
http://www.reverbnation.com/mike001

Hi State,

Ok, here we go. I loved the beat, and how it evolves in a minimal manner (it is difficult to get bored even when it's quite a repetitive theme)...

Just before the drop, I would eq down some of the high frequencies of the hats, but this might be personal taste only (>I have noticed that I tend to find high frequencies not very good on my hearing).

I love the way in which the main theme starts, brilliant bass line and the extra synth line works well at the top...

Overall: loved the theme, and the only two problems or things that you might consider changing would be issues with high freqs and maybe adding a bit more changes to the beat line here and there (the kick can eventually be a bit too much "in your face")...

Other than that, good luck with your vocals, looking forward to hearing a more advanced version of this :)

Hi State,

Ok, here we go. I loved the beat, and how it evolves in a minimal manner (it is difficult to get bored even when it's quite a repetitive theme)...

Just before the drop, I would eq down some of the high frequencies of the hats, but this might be personal taste only (>I have noticed that I tend to find high frequencies not very good on my hearing).

I love the way in which the main theme starts, brilliant bass line and the extra synth line works well at the top...

Overall: loved the theme, and the only two problems or things that you might consider changing would be issues with high freqs and maybe adding a bit more changes to the beat line here and there (the kick can eventually be a bit too much "in your face")...

Other than that, good luck with your vocals, looking forward to hearing a more advanced version of this :)

Thanks for giving a generous depth of feedback!

Yeah i think your right about the things you pointed out there, the highpass on that little amen has to be sorted aswell as drum variants and composition structuring. again thanks for the feedback.

A pleasure, State. To be fair, I also do this to increase my own production skills, since trying to listen objectively to other people's tracks gives me a further understanding of what to look for in my own tracks! :D :D So there is some sort of selfishness there too ;)

But again, great track, looking forward to hearing a more completed version soon :)

A pleasure, State. To be fair, I also do this to increase my own production skills, since trying to listen objectively to other people's tracks gives me a further understanding of what to look for in my own tracks! :D :D So there is some sort of selfishness there too ;)

But again, great track, looking forward to hearing a more completed version soon :)

LOL @ selfishness mate!:D

yeah listening to other producers tracks is valuble, you can look at the bigger picture and spot minor/major hiccups straight away because of the fresh ears and the fact its the first time you've listened to it sort of thing. cheers man.:)

i reli like the drums, apart from maybe the hi hats bit too full like somebody already said.
bass and overall feel of the tune i like, its darker than i expected and ur production is pretty tight.

Nice tight production on this one. I really like the tune over all, I think at this stage the only thing I thought to point out was the way the bassline drops in... it just sounds like it falls into it and it's not until a few bars in that everything really sounds like it fits...

Maybe a bit of a bigger build up would help that...

Had a listen to some of your other tracks too and I really love Vanilla and The Red Turn..
The production on both of these is spot on and that kinda dnb is right up my street..

nice work mate!

i reli like the drums, apart from maybe the hi hats bit too full like somebody already said.
bass and overall feel of the tune i like, its darker than i expected and ur production is pretty tight.

Thanks for taking the time to listen mate. take it easy. mike.

Nice tight production on this one. I really like the tune over all, I think at this stage the only thing I thought to point out was the way the bassline drops in... it just sounds like it falls into it and it's not until a few bars in that everything really sounds like it fits...

Maybe a bit of a bigger build up would help that...

Had a listen to some of your other tracks too and I really love Vanilla and The Red Turn..
The production on both of these is spot on and that kinda dnb is right up my street..

nice work mate!

yeah ive been having some issues with the drop... eventually it will have some kind of vocal/sample build up to ease it in. ive quicky mixed it down for this clip but have still got lots do to on it.

cheers for listening to the other tracks too (thats as far as ive got with "the red turn" lol, at least all the elements are there to complete it i guess!), some are shit some are ok lol. I'll be buying some monotirs really soon so that will help my producing. thanks for listening.

I quite liked the way the bass just came in, as opposed to a big drop. But then it seemed like that type of track to me, more atmospheric.
The hats did spoil it for me. Not the arrangement, they were good, just the eq and the mixing. Probably not a big thing to fix. Have a play with the volume, drop it down to zero, play the track real loud and bring the hats volume up slowly. As a noob I seem to find that if I set the hats level while listening to the tune at low level they are too loud when I turn it up. Dunno why.
Nice tune mate.

I quite liked the way the bass just came in, as opposed to a big drop. But then it seemed like that type of track to me, more atmospheric.
The hats did spoil it for me. Not the arrangement, they were good, just the eq and the mixing. Probably not a big thing to fix. Have a play with the volume, drop it down to zero, play the track real loud and bring the hats volume up slowly. As a noob I seem to find that if I set the hats level while listening to the tune at low level they are too loud when I turn it up. Dunno why.
Nice tune mate.

Thanks for your insight/thoughts mate!:)

Back
Top Bottom