What needles are good to invest in?

Ab0|2Ti0N

WHAT THE FUCK IS JUICE???
VIP Junglist
Sup ya'll, I was wondering what are some low price but good needles to buy. Especially for scratching(heavy usage). I need to cop some new needles cause my vinyl is getting mad phazed and scuffed up.

Any suggestions.

i survived abortion.

Naomi Watts is dead sexy in Mulholland Drive.

I recommend the Ortifon line. They have some carts that are special for scratching. I myself just bought two of the Concord Silver cartridges. So far they're really nice.

Ortifons are also good for people who are into abortion, it says so on their website.

Actually, Ortofon's are a lesser grade diamond. I promise.

Plus, Nightclub Cart's (not the head-shell mounted one's) have been known to destroy the connectors on your tone-arms.

Mine work perfectly fine and I don't see how they can damage the connectors as they stick out less then the headshell that comes with the 1200 in the first place. Now I did hear this about the Stanton "Trackmaster" and I had one once. I noticed on the Trackmaster that the connections are like needles which dig into the connectors in the arm.

1992 said:
I recommend the Ortifon line. They have some carts that are special for scratching. I myself just bought two of the Concord Silver cartridges. So far they're really nice.

Ortifons are also good for people who are into abortion, it says so on their website.

good for people who are into abortion? what the.

So, what needles should I get Freeagent?

1992 said:

Ortophones make your records wear off quickly, tho they're very stable.

I reccomend Shure's M44-7 less pressure on the record, very stable, and as far I'm concerned they sound great!

Shure 447s are the daddy
Great sound for dnb, great for scratching and kind to records

I'm looking at buying a pair of carts now.. I own standard 500AL's and I'm borrowing a pair of Trackmaster Stantons, but I've not been wildly impressed so far. They are admittedly a little more punchy, and hold the groove **slightly** better, but I'm not over the moon when you take the price of these carts into account, the real piss take, is that the replacement styli cost £45 each!! As soon as I found this out, none of my mates were allowed near them!

The Shure M44-7 and the Black (bottom of the range??) Concordes are the same price online... The Shure replacement needles are a touch more spendy... I know which one I'm looking at..

I don't really scratch, just play around a little, but I'm well enthusiastic when mixing, so I need something thats tuff.

Anymore wisdom on this matter?

freeagent said:
M44-7 - if Q-Bert uses them, how can you go wrong?

no doubt, q bert is the man. talked to him many occasions at LA massives. i wanna go to his studiom the lair of the octagon.

for "SHURE" ill get the m447 then.

conc_ProS.jpg

=

:2thumbs:

IMO!

Back
Top Bottom