Best NI VST to use for pre drop rising effect

SynesthesiaC

I've got NI Komplete 5 so quite a choice of synths to fiddle with get a decent effect. But I'm not sure how to get that rising synth sound that people use to build up before a drop. Either the bottleneck type effect (sounds like a glass bottle filling up sorta) or just a gradual note that increases in pitch, or an effect to apply to the drums to give them a "building up" feeling. Using cubase 4 btw.

Hope this makes sense.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I can explain it if you use NI massive.... (sorry did't realise massive comes with komplete5)

just use a preset, or make one...
go to envelope 1 (put attack on 0,level on 0, decay at 1, level at 1)
now rewire the envelope to your oscillator (right under the pitch bar)
you can now choose how high your pitch need to rise or needs to dive..

hope you understand what I'm saying :d

cheers...

Last edited:
I can explain it if you use NI massive.... (sorry did't realise massive comes with komplete5)

just use a preset, or make one...
go to envelope 1 (put attack on 0,level on 0, decay at 1, level at 1)
now rewire the envelope to your oscillator (right under the pitch bar)
you can now choose how high your pitch need to rise or needs to dive..

hope you understand what I'm saying :d

cheers...

god between your sig and the katherine jenkins thread..... i'm lovin these bitches.

in my opinion zeta tho

If its just a swooshing kinda build up sound you want then I would just use a sample, and make any edits / ajustments you need on that.

Loads of sample packs come with them and it seems like a bit of a waste of cpu using massive for something like that (unless your going to bounce it down to audio afterwards)

If its just a swooshing kinda build up sound you want then I would just use a sample, and make any edits / ajustments you need on that.

Good idea, U know of any free ones I could download and use? What should I search for? I presume there is a technical name other than 'rising effect thingie'.

...the bottleneck type effect (sounds like a glass bottle filling up sorta)

Maybe record filling a glass bottle :teeth:

Nah but seriously, sampling the real world is way underrated IMO. Think of a train passing by, the doppler and wind almost sweeping you off your feet. Or sampling the roar of a caterpillar as bass, servos crunching and cogwheels screaming under tons of force. Or topping off that wonderful minimal background ambience with a real cricket chirping.

Even in the house there's millions of options, not just your basic kettles and pans for percussion. Hoover? Dyson? The clang of an old computer monitor turned on? Basketball snare? etc etc.

I've been planning on getting a good condencer microphone for this stuff.

Maybe record filling a glass bottle :teeth:

funny you should say that kama, i remember recording filling up a thin glass of coke with an edirol. sounded quite nice once you picked the low end out of it

Back
Top Bottom