Mixing from dnb to dubstep

giz

ive tried searching for threads on this subject but couldnt find anything. im sure i saw one a while back though.

looking for tips/tricks because im fresh out of ideas. also your favourite tracks to use when changing over. tried a few things but they havent worked that well.
cheers guys :)

Quarks - Dirtyphonics is the way mate. Goes from Drum & Bass to Dubstep and back again. I always rinse this at home!

Quarks - Dirtyphonics

this

they've got another dnb into dubstep tune on the way, it was on sub focus' essential mix

there's also a VIP of the nine with a dubstep breakdown floating about online, never coming out tho...

I dont think it should be done to be honest. Kills the vibe of a mix if you ask me. (i do like dubstep by the way)

I dont think it should be done to be honest. Kills the vibe of a mix if you ask me. (i do like dubstep by the way)

Sucks to be you mate.

Going to a Alix Perez b2b Ramadanman night soon, going to be heavyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Mixture of dnb/dubstep, all about crossing boundaries..

There was a massive thread in the General section about 4 months ago if that helps.

Also I don't think dub should be played in the middle really unless the crowd love it. I'd start or end with it. But thats me...

Oh and Fresh - Chainsaw .. So blatten

There was a massive thread in the General section about 4 months ago if that helps.

Also I don't think dub should be played in the middle really unless the crowd love it. I'd start or end with it. But thats me...

Oh and Fresh - Chainsaw .. So blatten

yes mate, think thats the thread im thinking of.

im going to put the dubstep at the end of the set. managed to get a residency at a local night last week. i played a dubstep set there as a kind of 'trial' & it went really well. the promoter said i can have a hour & a half set every week & he wants me to play a mix of the two. need plenty of ideas! thanks for the input guys

Dieselboy, Ewun & Evol Intent - Midnight Express has a tempo change on the breakdown to about 140 bpm so you could mix dubstep into that. You'd have to be quick though as the breakdown lasts 32 bars.

ive tried searching for threads on this subject but couldnt find anything. im sure i saw one a while back though.

looking for tips/tricks because im fresh out of ideas. also your favourite tracks to use when changing over. tried a few things but they havent worked that well.
cheers guys :)

ill give you a tip.... try something different bro... every tom dick and harry is doing the same thing right now...

^^ I fully disagree. Drop this shit while its hot and then when people get bored of hearing dubstep in a mix, then try something different :)

^^ I fully disagree. Drop this shit while its hot and then when people get bored of hearing dubstep in a mix, then try something different :)

why not invent something different from the word go.... if everyone started dropping electro house in a dnb would you do it??? probably would.... by why not be the first person??? takes a man to stand up and do something different then sheep will follow.....

so what if he wants to do it? let him....so what if every tom dick n harry are doin it? who gives a fuck?

go for it bro...

that Nine VIP is in the quarentine bay somewheres...but u need 500 posts so get typin.

Tunes that spring to mind:

Shimon - Faster Honey
Fresh - Chainsaw
Spor, Ewun & Evol Intent - Levitate

All have dubstep breakdowns from DNB, just make sure your quick enough to bring the next dubstep tune in before the tempo speeds back up again

Back
Top Bottom