HOW TO BASSLINE Thread

I've watched the videos of these guys using the EMU sampler and driving 808s etc, but that main bassline...

Do you think it's the 808s repeated or is it an extended note with a filter lfo?

I've watched the videos of these guys using the EMU sampler and driving 808s etc, but that main bassline...

Do you think it's the 808s repeated or is it an extended note with a filter lfo?

I think you're spot on. Driven 808s filtered with an envelope or lfo maybe with phasing or a flanger too.

Layer two identical low sine waves then detune so for example one at +25 and one at -25 but you can change these values to change the wobble speed. You can get some nice results if you use a slightly distorted sine waves rather than pure sine wave

I ran some 808 bass recordings through my mackie desk, distorted and EQ'd the sound and then sampled the results into my EMU e6400 sampler. I then messed with the filter settings in the EMU to come up with some modulated mids/bass sounds.

The outcome can be found in my new sample pack on Bandcamp.
There is a demo track for anyone interested to checkout some of the sounds included.
It also features a bunch of other sounds and loops as well as the 808 bass.

Check it here: https://outerheavenuk.bandcamp.com/album/sample-pack-002

Cheers!
Petar

samplepack002v2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom