Picking monitors advice needed!

Junglist_007

learning difficulties
VIP Junglist
Hiya guys, I'm looking at geting some monitors but don't know what ones to go for. I had look at other threads but they didn't really help me. I got budget £150-£200 i can go bit higher. Anyone got any recomandations?

Do i need one or two monitors?
Do i need amp to power monitors or can i just get plug straight in mixer? Rather not have amp.
Can i use monitors on PC for production?

Any help would be great thanks guys :)

Do i need one or two monitors?

Two, unless you wanna write everything in mono.

Do i need amp to power monitors or can i just get plug straight in mixer? Rather not have amp.

Depends if they're active or passive. Active plug straight into whatever you're using, pc/mixer etc, whereas passive are powered by the amp.

Can i use monitors on PC for production?

Yeah, what were you planning on using them for?

Can't point you in the right direction unfortunately, im actually looking for pretty much the same thing :P

Cheers for the reply bro. I would like them to do both production and DJin if that's possibly.

Exactly what i'm looking for.

Put my amp and speakers in storage when i moved to dam, now theyre in a crate in somerset somewhere, not gonna be able to get em till september i think, thought i may aswell upgrade.

Last edited:
Ez mate, got a pair of rokit rp5 g2's on the way..

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR272145

Cost me 270quid if you can push that, i will hit you up with what i think when they arrive mate!!

Cheers man nice one. btw welcome back to the forum.

Rokits are very popular, you'll have no problems with those

They came a couple of days back.. very very VERY happy with them!! Deffinatly recommended, but check russla's post.. asshole >_< :teeth:

Try the monitors that Mackie make. They are quite reputable for studio monitors.
Or KRKs are very reputable too. I think it would be worth you getting a sub when your funds may allow this.

Try the monitors that Mackie make. They are quite reputable for studio monitors.
Or KRKs are very reputable too. I think it would be worth you getting a sub when your funds may allow this.

Mackie are doing really well at the moment so deffo worth a look!

Back
Top Bottom