Blazin Beats @ P60, Amstelveen, Holland

Mulla

Digital Future
VIP Junglist
My first foreign rave, and the Dutch Blazin Beats crew presenting legends L Double and Simon Bassline Smith, made it a good night to start off my euro-raving.
On arrival to P60 we were ushered up the stairs into, to our disappointment, a small bar room with a set of decks in the corner. Luckily this turned out to be the chill out 2nd room. Getting rid of our coats and rolling a couple of blunts we made our way up into the main room, as resident Flanagan (I think thats right) was filling the dancefloor up nicely, with a smooth mixture of nu skool jump up as well as some more rolling numbers. I have to say I was impressed with the set up in the main room, with a large stage with the Dj booth right in the centre of it, complimented nicely by a quality lightshow and projector screens of each side of the stage. No expense had been spared in making this a visual spectacle as well as an audio one! Highlight of Flanagans set for me was Nu Tones excellent 'Vital Organ', and although some rather dodgy scratching put me off a little, it was still a solid set.
Resident MC Pat next silenced the crowd to introduce Technique Recs badbwoy Simon Smith who, as usual, opened with his and Drumsounds remix of 'At the Movies'. Mixing straight into Clipz's Capoeira remix and some new Full Cycle plate, the crowd were loving it! 'Dont Tell Me' garnered an instand rewind, as did 'The Martians', expelling the myth that europeans only like happy bouncy trancey music. In fact, the heavier amen-driven tunes seemed to have more of an impact than a lot of the jump up bits did. Anyway, soon enough it was time for Simon's last tune, and up stepped 1 Extras/Flex Recordings honcho L Double.
I unfortunately missed his first two tunes as we were billing up downstairs but as I returned SS's 'Margerita' was getting the dancefloor bumpin n grindin, as did Dillinjas 'Different Drum' remix and 'Move VIP' which was nice to hear again after so long. By this time MC Pat had been joined by MC Dapper (yes that is spelled right, and yes, he does honestly call himself that) who both seemed to enjoy being able to chat to their hearts content in front of an appreciative crowd. Some new Dillinja plate he played absolutely destroyed the dancefloor, and when Calibres 'Its....' faded it it really was all over. We took this opportunity to leave the club 10 mins before closing in the hope of there being plenty of cabs outside the venue. How wrong we were, we realised, as we stepped out into the 28 Days Later-esque Amstelveen. However we got back in the end, and vowed to check out more Blazin Beats night next time were back Dam-side. Big up all @ BB!

Attachments

• LDouble.jpg
    LDouble.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 116
  • P60.jpg
    P60.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 93
yeah, I was there with my crew (even bought a BB t-shirt). Except for SBS's set (made horrible mixing mistakes) and the overflow of MC'ing (they started missing drops because they were too busy flowing and not pay attention to the sound anymore; DOH!) it was great. Talking about the MC's; 3 MC's at one time is too much for a good dnb set (except MC Dapper, he is always fucking great). L Double was a fucking killer just as much as Flanagan. All Dutch: Tivoli, Utrecht in 2 weeks!!! (Ill Skillz, BSE &.... )EIB( :rambo: ) And don't forget Major League V in Rotterdam 2 weeks after that, look at future research for all you need to know!

Back
Top Bottom