Scrathed Records

hazza

Alright All

Decided if i ever got hold of Outer Space (MIST) then i would build up a collection of vinyl, buy some decks and have a go at DJing,

So now i am buying vinyl from here and there, only to fing that when they arrive they are scratched usually just as the tunes intro ends and it kicks in = annoying and makes me want to buy the records again, i am just having a moan but does this happen to anyone else?

unfortunately theres nothing u can do for a scratch. but 75% of the time i thought it was a scratch it was some sticky goo. gently rub your finger over the spot it scratches on. is it raise or is there a blatant scratch down the grooves. if its raised probably just some schmeg u can remove with your fingernail and some warm water

to be honest i am playing them on a normal record player, i decided not to buy decks til i had built up a collection of vinyl, (am wanting some bad now that i have my 7 records)
The thing is the new ones play perfect, so i guess it's just that the used ones are knackered, they are resonably old (pacman remix, its jazzy) but if i buy them again may have the same problem.
Maybe as someone once said "vinyls dead bruv, i need MP3s"

dno m8, never had any trouble with a new vinyl but myne are all fuckd cases nd vinyl to be honest wid loads of minor scratches but they still play fine...part from a few with badboy gash's they skip, maybe its ur needles myne are like 4 years old nd skip all the time probly doesnt help.

put nail varnish on the record and wipe it all round works 90 percent of the time,someone on here told me that trick and it works,try it.

No nail varnish remover would melt it surely

Someone in another thread said about running a moist matchstick along the grooves i havent tried it myself but try that first before you put chemicals on ya dubs

Back
Top Bottom