D&B equipment

denkmall

Been listening to DNB for years and am always thinking about playing around with making some myself but never found the time to get into. I have the time now and need suggestions from others on what to get to start out. I can spend about $300 to start and would prefer a piece of equipment rather than software only because I will learn quicker with hands on in the beginning. Any suggestions. I like Liquid and jazzy styles (Intalex, calibre, commix, nookie, to name a few off top of the head) more if that affects the type of equipment you recommend.

Been listening to DNB for years and am always thinking about playing around with making some myself but never found the time to get into. I have the time now and need suggestions from others on what to get to start out. I can spend about $300 to start and would prefer a piece of equipment rather than software only because I will learn quicker with hands on in the beginning. Any suggestions. I like Liquid and jazzy styles (Intalex, calibre, commix, nookie, to name a few off top of the head) more if that affects the type of equipment you recommend.

welcome to site mate

equipment is not my thing never has been
hope some can help u on this :wave:

Hey thanks. Someone just showed me some stuff that he does on Fruity Loops. Are there any other programs that are better? Any equipment that you can hook up to your computer and sync together if it's worth it? Any info, links, etc. greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!!

i think albelton is good for hooking up hardware but i have never used it so i dunno watch sum youtube videos on diffrent programs sorry cant be of much help

have a look at the posts in the production thread, as for ahardware i have an M-Audio Axiom 49 keyboard and a M-Audio Audiophile soundcard which i have had nothing but trouble with.....so dont get one of them!

Well depends what you wanna do. I'm guessing you want to produce.
Well I've been djing and emceeing (hip-hop) for about 5 years now. I just got into the idea of producing a month or so ago and am learning FL studio. There are no "better" programs, its what you do with it. You have to dedicnate to learning it, tunes dont make themselves.

Right now im looking into getting a Kaoss pad for my decks (good for live effects).
You probably wanna look into using a sequencer like FL studio, cubase, or reason. All good for dnb. FL is the most user friendly i'd say. Then look into a midi controller. Im thinking of the M-audio axiom 25. you may also wanna get a sampler/ sequencer on which you can make beats, cause you said you dont want software yet.
I like the XR20, cheap and versitile

http://www.turntablelab.com/production_tools/86/223/47261.html

Back
Top Bottom