NOISIA SAMPLES/CUTZ - GDUB SAMPLES/CUTZ - TAXMAN CUTZ

not even monopoly?

cheers for the samples, but i dont like them, so i deleted them lol :) n i already have those synamen samples (or very similar).

. n isnt cutting them from their songs n making a sample pack a tad cheeky haha

cheers for the effort anyway mate

TUT TUT

WTF ripping parts of their tunes out to make a sample pack??

If thats the case you need to be shot imo

Wow. Nicking bits of Noisia tunes won't make your tunes sick!!
The time that you spend ripping bits of other peeps tunes and zipping em up could be better spent improving your own drums/bass/whatever surely?

Just a thought...

TUT TUT

WTF ripping parts of their tunes out to make a sample pack??

If thats the case you need to be shot imo

ok for those hu r getting on their period about me uploading these...
i use the drum cutz to add a bit of kick to my drums
havnt actually used teh noisia samples but thort it wuld give producing n00bs a betta idea of how they wnt their tracks to work
if u dnt like them, dnt download them
simple

ok for those hu r getting on their period about me uploading these...
i use the drum cutz to add a bit of kick to my drums
havnt actually used teh noisia samples but thort it wuld give producing n00bs a betta idea of how they wnt their tracks to work
if u dnt like them, dnt download them
simple

i didnt download then lol

And it aint im "on my period" just if i found someone cutting my drums, bass etc id go fucking MAD, becuase ive spent hours processing them and gettin them right

And saying its for noobs to help them understand what their tunes should work like is shit, they can listen to any tune they like and hear how they should sound. a drum hit wont help that

you're all getting on sam's back for no real reason imho.
like he said, you dont have to use these samples to make some use out of the pack. Purely by examining the way noisia etc work their beats can shed light to loads of production issues. and i dont mean copy them, just check their properties: frequency content, arrangement, relative levels, compression settings.
When a guitarist practices, he looks at scores of Steve Vai songs and then watches his dvds to examine his performance. Once he can replicate what Vai does, THEN he can go on and come up with a new personal style. Why should it be any different for producers ? No one is expected to come up with a new wicked style from the day his installs reason on his computer. And the best way to check if you're heading the right way is to try and copy the people you look up to.
And scuse me, but at the end of the day there has been LOADS of inter-genre sampling in dnb, and by VERY big names too. So lets not point any judgemental fingers at anyone, especially fingers that have been avidly scratching their owner's scrotum or labia.
Gracias

yeah but some people will just rip them and use them without changing them atall.

so noisia do the hard work and one random guy will paste this onto fruity slicer

yeah but some people will just rip them and use them without changing them atall.

ye, and 99% of the people who actually do that will never get a tune released. so what ? production is supposed to be fun, not a string of rules and etiquettes. lose the chinstroking man.

so noisia do the hard work and one random guy will paste this onto fruity slicer
noisia get to tour the world, the random guy has some fun in his bedroom. win-win really..
once again, stop stroking that chin and make some music (y)

Even if the samples are clean and free of artifacts, I'd say it's just as hard to make a song sound good as if you'd used your own samples (providing all your samples aren't shit).

At the end of the day samples are the foundation of a tune, without good ones the tune's not gonna sound good, but that's only half the battle. It takes real skill to glue them all together in a way that sounds professional. I'd say that drum and bass production is 15% samples, 75% skill and 10% luck.

Dnb is a sample based music form anyway, as long as you don't just reconstruct someone else's song and call it your own anything goes in my opinion.

Even if the samples are clean and free of artifacts, I'd say it's just as hard to make a song sound good as if you'd used your own samples (providing all your samples aren't shit).

At the end of the day samples are the foundation of a tune, without good ones the tune's not gonna sound good, but that's only half the battle. It takes real skill to glue them all together in a way that sounds professional. I'd say that drum and bass production is 15% samples, 75% skill and 10% luck.

Dnb is a sample based music form anyway, as long as you don't just reconstruct someone else's song and call it your own anything goes in my opinion.

Agreed. Surely you would find it easier to make a tune out of your own samples too since you made them and you adjust those samples specificaly to your style. noisia obviously made them samples to fit personal style, therefore when the tune comes together its all sounds right!

Back
Top Bottom