arent chase and status' sets all exactly the same?

All this slagging off is beyond a joke. Same thing happened with Shy when he made Shake your body.

A dnb artist makes a vocal tune or two and they're sell outs?

Some of you need to get your head out of your arseholes. So what if a 15 year kid is hyping up a Chase & Status track. I was listening to dnb at 15. Does that make the artists who I listened to then sell outs, cos i was enjoying their music.

Age shouldn't be a restriction when listening to music.

As for self promotion Andy, Hype, Shy have been doing this for years playing full Ram/Playaz/DSB sets.

In Bashment and Ragga artists and fans welcome and applaud artists doing well.

I'm not fussed about them playing the same set all the time cos they're known more for their production skills so as long as they keep making good tunes then who cares?

You already know what they're sets gonna be so you may aswell just see another dj at the club or not bother listening to their sets...

the short answer to the this thread is yes.

but no.

they're not all the same, they just play 95% their own stuff.
but at the end of the day, they got where they are for a reason, and can do what the fuck they want. so you just gotta deal with it really, or get on ze bus :clown:

far too many pessimists listen to dnb

too much negativity

it's annoying when ppl say the like drum & bass and all they know is pendulum/shy fx/TC/chase & status but then surely it's your job to educate them further, teach them about the rest of the music that u love that they don't know...

peace, love & unity

I missed C&S last time they were up here but I heard the night was packed, so yeah maybe they have more mainstream reach than most artists. Not sure if i'd go as far as comparing them to pendulum though...

Sub focus was playing here recently and I really didnt enjoy his set, all the tunes sounded the same (really synthy) and I dont think it helped that he was rewinding nearly every tune (couldnt stay in the room longer than 15 minutes at a time). There was no flow at all, never kept it rolling through a few tunes. He was just mixing breakdown into breakdown then rewinding etc. I couldnt dance to it and thats what I was there to do.

I know artists tour and travel to promote their own tunes, fair play, but they should remember that we want entertaining while they're doing it...

/end rant

Back
Top Bottom