sound proofing

DontLikeCops

Certified tramp
VIP Junglist
Hi any good suggestions on sound proofing as my new room doesn't hold the noise in well so everyone has to listen at mine now n me old mum aint appreciating it:rinsed:

Got this problem in the flat im living in. So far just put the speakers on some cardboard boxes, and egg cartons between the speakers and the wall. Dunno how much good its doing though.

Fill up any open spaces like empty corners with soft things, pillows, sofas etc. This has a few benifits, gets rid of echos from corners or hard walls, the soft things absorb sound, and you don't have to spend loads of proffessional sound proofing materials, which is basically foam

Put egg cartons on the walls and then put carpet tiles over them. This combination will muffle sound and stop vibrations from moving through the walls. To soundproof the floor, get some floor insulation under your carpet, and then try to put your speakers on stands or raise them using cardboard boxes to minimise vibrations from the speakers traveling through your furniture.

egg cartons will not sound proof a room they are a cheap alternative to foam acoustic tiles that you would use to defuse the sound in a room

you might as well stick toilet paper to your wall as it would have the same effect lol

my bedroom is like a basement room so its underneath everyone else so floor insulation aint gonna be much use but cheers anyway, dont want egg cartons on my wall will look a bit messy not that my rooms tidy

get a detatched house.

av recently moved into a detached 3 bed new build house and its ace. parties/barbeques etc and for my production it jus means i can pump up to any volume my amp and monitors are capable of handling.

my advice is this... go to uni/college and get a good job that pays good money then buy a detatched house and do what the fuck you like in it 24/7. it wont be beat.

get a detatched house.

av recently moved into a detached 3 bed new build house and its ace. parties/barbeques etc and for my production it jus means i can pump up to any volume my amp and monitors are capable of handling.

my advice is this... go to uni/college and get a good job that pays good money then buy a detatched house and do what the fuck you like in it 24/7. it wont be beat.

this.

You need speakers AND headphones if you're mixing anyway...

I'm looking at sound proofing as well and am willing to spend a bit of money on it, is it basically just foam panels? I've never actually been in a sound proofed room....

I'm getting 2 intimidation AKA110's and although they're not gonna destroy my house they will either be too loud and annoy everyone or too quiet for me to enjoy using...

Back
Top Bottom