sound proofing

I got my room sound proofed when we were build the house and it is very expensive, im in the attic aswell so the vibrations would of been heard by everyone downstairs lol

But even the sound proofing wont stop all the bass from shaking the fuck out of the place, if i turn it up reasonably loud then im ok, but if i feel like wacking it up almost full then then sound proofing starts failing lol need to get th room treated with bass traps and shit i think

Had the same problem, i moved in to a new house in quite a nice area, bt the problem was the average age of my neighbours is about 65!!! i got my decks in my garage and at 1st you could hear it at the end of the road!! and i had noise complaints from the council etc, so wot i done is built a room inside my garage using stud walls, all around the walls i put 2inch batton around and covered the walls in carpet underlay so there was a 2inch 'air' gap between the wall and the underlay, (air gaps are very important because they trap the sound) then another 'air' gap and then egg boxes on top! egg boxes dnt acctualy help with sound proofing the jst help with 'sound quility' (so u have to turn it down cus it sounds so much better) it works sooooo well i can have it boooomin loud inside and outside you cant hear it. Its a very cheep way of doing it i know bt it works so well, its all bout layers.

good luck with it.

Egg boxes dont really help with anything at all, certainly not sound proofing. They only absorb fairly high frequencies that won't be causing much of a problem anyway.

Acoustic foam and bass traps are designed to stop reflections which cause monitoring problems for production work, although improvements can be made to any setup, doesnt need to be for production. They wont do much for sound deadening/proofing.

charlie.joyce made some good points. especialy about layers and air gaps. Double/triple boarding stud walls, floating floors etc, unfortunately it all gets fairly expensive, even when doing it yourself!

if you look on amazon theres loads of books on diy soundproofing, iv bin researching myself recently as im a very neubee dj, i just got my decks and im finding my feet but i like to play it LOUD!!!!, problem is the neighbours baby aint a junglist lol so i looked into soundproofing, if you have fairly new double glazed windows i wouldent worry about those because the majority are desighned to isolate noise anyway but if not you can buy these double glazing kits from bnq that you stick on its like cling film, if theres gaps around your doors you can put pipe insulation foam around your doorframe with a draft excluder at the bottom, also you know those double sided sticky pads made of foam if you put those around the inside of the frame were the door meets the frame it creates a realy good seal but try not to suffercate yourself, as for the walls evrybody says egg cartons but they rattle and i f you have high ceilings i think they echo, a much better option is "egg profile foam" heres a link to a site that sells it to measure : http://www.cutfoam.co.uk/eggprofile.html
when it comes to foam you want make sure your plug sockets are fairly clear because if it catches fire the smoke that it produces is extreamly toxic, if your in a ground floor room dont worry about the floor to much bif not use thick corigated underlay under the carpet, im not botherin with my ceilings but if you want to go the whole hog the foam will do the trick on that to, you can also buy foam floaters to put your speakers and equipment on to deduce vibration but i just cut up one of those foam camping matts and it works a treat, this may sound like a lot of work and money but the foams pretty cheap and it sounds ace. hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom