Off Days

Dabbz

i came back on sataday from holiday in the dam, and since then i cannot mix for shit.
does anybody else have these days?

Pissing me off to say the least

Tbh I've bust up my mixer enough times man (x- fader is pure bent)
Never touch the decks though(oddly enough)

Probs beacuse ya been away from em or whatever.

I reckon Mixing is a fine art and needs practise anyway. It's a trade at the end of the day and if you aint puttin in the work ure mixing will probs go downhill. I probably wrong but, thats it 4 me anyway man. :)

yeh i totally agree, but before i went away iu was killin with double drops etc being a piece of piss. but ive never been this shoddy. its such a horrible feeling thiking ive lost it

I mix so much when im stoned these days that when im not stoned im not feeling it and pull of a piece of shit!! but when im blazed im on fire behind the decks boppin around all over the place!

i been without speakers since august - i can still sort of half mix but nowhere near as well as i used to be able to. its frustrating cos i know its just practise holding me back, but i cant really practise at all

im the opposite
when im constatnly on my decks every day
i sort of get shabby,
but like havin a wank
when u anut had one an like a week when u do its fukin sik!

I know what you mean man. I had off day last friday everythink was going wrong, more pissed off i was geting more harder it was to contrate. Also didnt help i was trying to record mix to tape. I wanted it to be heavy tape didnt really turn out that way though. Lucky this week everythink gonna good.

ive said this before. alot of people say that stress causes it. u just need to be chilled out and ready for te beats to flow. your always gonna have off days. just make sure your always recording when your mixing.

i had this a few weeks ago. i jus cudnt distinguish 2 beats for shit! was gettin so pissed off i left it for a week or so and now i has my mojo back

we had a post like this a few months ago. everyone has off days. just have a break. get a clear head

u can even hear the pro's like andy c etc having an off day (although his set will still be sick, its not as sick as usual lol)

i have off days if i think about what im doing too much. if i just improvise etc n go with the flow its usually all good!

we had a post like this a few months ago. everyone has off days. just have a break. get a clear head

u can even hear the pro's like andy c etc having an off day (although his set will still be sick, its not as sick as usual lol)

i have off days if i think about what im doing too much. if i just improvise etc n go with the flow its usually all good!

Exactly this. I've been mixing DnB for 13 years and I still have off days.

Just stop, go back to it tomorrow and all will be well.

I've found its all based on state of mind and like haze sed, stress. If i'm not relaxed and really tryin to get something right, it always makes it 10x worse. If you just try not to work yourself up and have a giggle with it, mixes will begin to flow a lot better :)

Time for a Friday Afternoon Bosh me thinks !!

I had a bad day today. One mix it took me three bars to lock an incoming beat and make sure it was staying. Needless to say my decks now lay on the pavement.

Back
Top Bottom