Changing User Names

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
I've been getting an increasing number of private messages asking me to change User Names. This is something we don't actively support so I won't be honouring any further requests unless there is a very good reason for the update.

I dread to think how many other requests the Mods are getting if I'm getting almost one a day.

Finally, updating the case of your User Name is not a valid reason e.g. djusername to DJUserName

Thanks.

Admin/mods should be the only ones with the power to change user names.
If anyone had the ability, there would be a constant flux of handles shifting, you would be able to keep track of who's who and the thing would become a mess.
Admin/mods have the responsibility to decide whether or not a name change is valid or not. Like Stu said changing a name from lower case to caps letters is not a valid reason.
But if your handle is one thing and you want to change it to your producer name, like Kama did, then this is a valid reason.
Without the admin/mods to do this, the database of the site would be well unstable.

Hmm.. I think I have a valid reason to change my name..
When registering I didn't see that there was already another Dusty.
I picked this Username since my last name is "Staub", which means "Dust" in German.

Would a change of the username be permitted that way?

there are no other members called dusty. you are the only one.

Dusty said:
(Oh and I know that my Nickname sounds dimwitted.)

are you sure this isnt the reason you want a name change?

theres nothing wrong with your name mate. (y)

Admin/mods should be the only ones with the power to change user names.
If anyone had the ability, there would be a constant flux of handles shifting, you would be able to keep track of who's who and the thing would become a mess.
Admin/mods have the responsibility to decide whether or not a name change is valid or not. Like Stu said changing a name from lower case to caps letters is not a valid reason.
But if your handle is one thing and you want to change it to your producer name, like Kama did, then this is a valid reason.
Without the admin/mods to do this, the database of the site would be well unstable.

Works fine on other forums mate.

Some of them have a scheme where it takes a certain amount of posts to change your name, then it gets reset. So it's not a constant change, only every so often.

Anyway, can someone change mine to BeatBrof please, as it is my producing name :)

On a side note, what happened to my thread about the renaming of the UK Underground and changing it to feature all other worldwide genres? Is that not going to happen?

Last edited:
Actually, there is.

There's this guy called "dj-dusty", and it might be confusing to some if there's two Dustys talking on 'ere.. :D

Back
Top Bottom