[New Tunes] Alive & Breathing (JumpUp/Dancefloor) & Colourblind (Liquid)

Freek

Lets get freeeeeeky
VIP Junglist
Safe peeps, ive jus uploaded my 2 new tunes Alive n Breathing & Colourblind to my myspace www.myspace.com/djfreekdnb
Colourblind is my dnb version of the counting crows original which was featured on the film Cruel Intentions. Ive also uploaded the final version of Stealth Mode which is jus pure JumpUp. Let me know what u think,
Safe

Alive n Breathing is good i like the intro except the rubber kick. i just feel like your knocking the door of a real piece of quality but your drums need boosting round the right frequency. the melody is good, (i seem to be sayin that all the time in ere) but the drums....... i hate rubber kick and the kick sounds like one, sos bro. likin the rest of the tune tho.

The start to Alive and Breathing was cool. Colourblind sounds like someone slipped Moby some speed. Kinda liked it tho, the drums are a bit weak for me. The rest is nice.

rubber kick as in not enuf depth?

rubberkick is a sample. i just dont like it, its quite bland. the kick in this tune sounds like it, sort of depth, s'got no character its a one dimensional dink, or duh. just would really add some quality to the track with a heavy kick boosted round the 12o mark

just doesnt sound like its slapping hard...maybe over compressed or something

infact the drums need to be sorted big time, can barely hear them in the mix at all but the idea for the tune is good man, quite tranquil

havnt listened to colourblind yet, will post back when i have.

check the thread Minus - Android for my new dubstep track

safe

Alive & Breathing
Lovin the violins. Is it sampled or what cos they soundin real nice. Agree with what beens said about the kick, sounds too weak. Not really feelin the way everything goes away b4 the drop.
Colourblind-
Snare sounds real nice. Tiny bit more weight on it and itd be a proper sick snare. Prefer this one. Again is the piano sampled or where did u get sound from cos its nice. Prefer this one. real nice man.!

Safe peeps, everything in the tune is built from scratch, no loops or stolen samples :P All sequenced with reason, cubase, Z3ta+ and ProTools. I understand what you mean re the kick, spent alot of time on the snare and the ride for A&B but will see what I can do about the kick. On Colourblind I played the piano part with the standard reason Piano sound. Then just edited and quantised and then added bare effects. What freq should i eq the snare, kick and rides seperately????? Cheers for the feedback guys, really helping, and Dan M, im gonna get listening to ur new tracks when i get home later cos u have given me bare feedback these last few months. Neways, anyone had a listen to the new version of Stealth??? I would rele like someone who heard the original to give me their opinion cos it sounds pretty different now.

SSSAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEE

Safe peeps, everything in the tune is built from scratch, no loops or stolen samples :P All sequenced with reason, cubase, Z3ta+ and ProTools. I understand what you mean re the kick, spent alot of time on the snare and the ride for A&B but will see what I can do about the kick. On Colourblind I played the piano part with the standard reason Piano sound. Then just edited and quantised and then added bare effects. What freq should i eq the snare, kick and rides seperately????? Cheers for the feedback guys, really helping, and Dan M, im gonna get listening to ur new tracks when i get home later cos u have given me bare feedback these last few months. Neways, anyone had a listen to the new version of Stealth??? I would rele like someone who heard the original to give me their opinion cos it sounds pretty different now.

SSSAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEE

dunno if ive said this before but search "zeal drum tutorial" to find out where to boost your drums and pm me your address if you want good sample packs like nu tone, drumsound or daivd carbone.

Yeah, alive and breathing is cool but could really do with punchier drums, which get lost in the mix.

On colourblind, the snare is too high- and maybe there should be more hi-hats, all with different rhythms and speeds, maybe a ride cymbal, laid over each other. Could also do with some ghost snares and other percussion to fill up the drums more. The samples and stuff work really well, but that snare should really BANG in a large frequency range to keep the mix rolling.

But yeah, your tunes have got a lot of potential! I like them a lot, but the production just needs to be worked on a bit :) The plague sets in or whatever it's called sounds quite professional actually!

Back
Top Bottom