why do you produce?

Because I love music, and at times I feel emotions and vibes in my head as music. So at one point when I found out dnb was the right outlet to put it in, I started producing. Never regretted that day. And I have my dad's vinyl collection which is an almost undepletable source of inspiration.

I try to produce coz i hear alot of crap out there, know what i wanna hear and get bored of the tunes that get released too quckly coz ive listened to them cained in mixes over and over....including my own mixes, i just find that tunes loose thier freshness too quickly?

I do it for the love of Jungle/DnB, not the money, im never motivated by that, id rather be a good producer that gets respect and paid nothing for the tunes i make rather a run-of-the-mill-5-tune-a-week-producer that makes a little bit of cash and gets no respect coz there is no quality control in what they are making.....and i hear this alot on Redeye, week in , week out.

i love music

i used to play guitar in a band... but ended up finding it hard to sit ina room with 3 other strong minded musicians and create something that represents all of your muscial influences, styles and tastes, whilst keeping everyone's "rock star" egos in balance

therefor i produce, cos its just me and the computer... altho i cant really tell which key a tune is in by listening or bust out a riff on a keyboard straight off, my musical abilities are there, i like to experiment and chop up samples, hits, and grooves. What i lack in musical theory knowledge i make up for in inspirational desire. Once ive sampled something from a tune, movie, or wherver and start playing with it, my head fills with possibilities and ideas. I open a few choice patches on massive, start chopping breaks to shit and processing the fuck out of everythin. once that flow has begun i find it hard to turn it off until i get something i'm happy with.

I love all types of drum and bass, but the style i produce is dancefloor liquid. As much as i love filth and dark stuff, when im producing a tune i like to feel at peace, i like the notes to blend, not clash. i like the melody to almost write itself once you have a flow. and most of all i like to sit back after all the mad scientist stuff, spark up a bifta and listen to my creation feeling a sense of joyful and relaxing pride.

So to ansa ur question i produce drum and bass because it's a form of creative expression that allows me to be create the music i love, to a style that suits me. I cudnt pick up a guitar and write a song, but i can sit down at my mac with some fresh samples and bust out a banger! i love the creative process and am a tech head. so this all just fits for me :)

i love music

i used to play guitar in a band... but ended up finding it hard to sit ina room with 3 other strong minded musicians and create something that represents all of your muscial influences, styles and tastes, whilst keeping everyone's "rock star" egos in balance

therefor i produce, cos its just me and the computer... altho i cant really tell which key a tune is in by listening or bust out a riff on a keyboard straight off, my musical abilities are there, i like to experiment and chop up samples, hits, and grooves. What i lack in musical theory knowledge i make up for in inspirational desire. Once ive sampled something from a tune, movie, or wherver and start playing with it, my head fills with possibilities and ideas. I open a few choice patches on massive, start chopping breaks to shit and processing the fuck out of everythin. once that flow has begun i find it hard to turn it off until i get something i'm happy with.

I love all types of drum and bass, but the style i produce is dancefloor liquid. As much as i love filth and dark stuff, when im producing a tune i like to feel at peace, i like the notes to blend, not clash. i like the melody to almost write itself once you have a flow. and most of all i like to sit back after all the mad scientist stuff, spark up a bifta and listen to my creation feeling a sense of joyful and relaxing pride.

So to ansa ur question i produce drum and bass because it's a form of creative expression that allows me to be create the music i love, to a style that suits me. I cudnt pick up a guitar and write a song, but i can sit down at my mac with some fresh samples and bust out a banger! i love the creative process and am a tech head. so this all just fits for me :)

hats off guvnor, i couldnt have worded it better myself:typing:

I want to be the very best..... but found out it was hard..... which was a motivator for me to be the best..... not second, but first.....

jk, I need a hobby, and I enjoy listening music, so why not try out making it.... also the feeling of completing a track feels good.

Always when I listen to tracks I love I get a huge motivational boost to recreate something in similar style. But then when I start wondering around in my DAW I always end up with unexpected result and if I like the way it sounds I want to finish it. Then the pain starts. Strangely I form all my tracks around the central piece of it(called refrain I guess) so in a way my music production is very chaotic. Creativity is so hard, I usually have the hardest time with build ups and variation in the track. Not a creative person, or maybe music production is naturally tough.

I enjoy a challenge... composing and producing is, in my mind, the biggest musical challenge of them all.

at the start i had to force myself a bit, learn daws n shit but nowadays it's really fun to just make sounds for me. and it's definately better than gaming :D

the realization just hit me this morning, as i was thinking about this.
to be honest i havent made a song in three years. i do the occasional black metal song with my brother, and there are about 3-6 dnb tunes a year from my group project dam nation, but i have all but given it up solo.

Back
Top Bottom