Probably a stupid question lol

when you say monitors, do you mean audio monitors, or video monitors? well it doesnt matter u can hook em up to both, i have my monitors hooked to my ps3, tho i do it thru the tele with a jack to phono, but on the xbox scart lead there are audio phonos and a video phono. plug the video to ya tele and extend ya audio to ya amp, but if ya lucky enough to have active speakers straight into them. u may have to get a phono extension tho, they are no more than 5 quid...

if ya need n e pics to explain let me know i will sort it.

later lad!

when you say monitors, do you mean audio monitors, or video monitors? well it doesnt matter u can hook em up to both, i have my monitors hooked to my ps3, tho i do it thru the tele with a jack to phono, but on the xbox scart lead there are audio phonos and a video phono. plug the video to ya tele and extend ya audio to ya amp, but if ya lucky enough to have active speakers straight into them. u may have to get a phono extension tho, they are no more than 5 quid...

if ya need n e pics to explain let me know i will sort it.

later lad!

audio monitors mate.. Alesis m1's to be precise..

and yeah a pic would help mate, so with the scart lead just run from the audio input (cnt remember what colour) straight into them? and of course the visual into my tv..

I've got Alesis M1 520s man, to do what you want to do, I'm guessing that you need the connectors shown in the picture below as Alesis 520s have two inputs, 1/4" Jack or XLR.

xboxmonitorsetupdp9.jpg

Thanks mate,

So 2 of these, then what cable do i need to buy cos this is only an adaptor?

It depends how far away your monitors are going to be from your 360/TV. If they are right next to them, you probably won't need any extension cables. If you do then go to Maplin and ask for:

2 x 'Phono to 1/4" Jack Adapters'
and
2 x 'Phono Extension Cables' (Make sure one end is Male and the other is Female).

If you are still unsure then ask someone in Maplin and thell them what you are trying to do. Links are below of the things you'll need.

MAPLIN LINKS

1/4" Adapters - http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=1280

Phono Extension Cable - http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=9664

Last edited:
Just buy the cables you need to plug it into your dj mixer. That way you don't have to replug shit every time you want to play xbox.

Just plug it in one of the line inputs, then you can just switch over to it from the phono input.

It depends how far away your monitors are going to be from your 360/TV. If they are right next to them, you probably won't need any extension cables. If you do then go to Maplin and ask for:

2 x 'Phono to 1/4" Jack Adapters'
and
2 x 'Phono Extension Cables' (Make sure one end is Male and the other is Female).

If you are still unsure then ask someone in Maplin and thell them what you are trying to do.

Sweet, just what i needed mate.. speakers will be 2ft max from the tv so hopefully shouldnt be a problem.

Cheers mate.

Sweet, just what i needed mate.. speakers will be 2ft max from the tv so hopefully shouldnt be a problem.

Cheers mate.

The links are on my previous post now if you need them from Maplin. And it's a good idea to do what Wordnz said, plug both of the extension cables into one of your mixers channels, then you won't have to switch cables. I do it with my PC, I have each channel for my mixer, then on one of the channels I've plugged my PC into the 'line' input for that channel so when I'm using my PC I just flick the Phono/Line switch for that channel.

Just buy the cables you need to plug it into your dj mixer. That way you don't have to replug shit every time you want to play xbox.

Just plug it in one of the line inputs, then you can just switch over to it from the phono input.

This is what i do, gives you a lot more flexiblity with how you want the sound to be produced and you can fiddle with the EQs to exactly how you want :)

This is what i do, gives you a lot more flexiblity with how you want the sound to be produced and you can fiddle with the EQs to exactly how you want :)

The speakers are going to be for my PC anyways, but i was thinking of using them for my decks aswell, and now 360..

I kinda need to do a 3 way switch haha... So basically i just plug the speakers into the mixer and the xbox audio into the mixer aswell?.. and then i can mess with the eq's on the mixer for my 360 sound?

Back
Top Bottom