Mixer Problems

muzzadj

VIP Junglist
First things first, it's a Numark DXM09..

What happens is i will have a mix in, and then one of channel 2 will cut out and only play out of the left speaker (its the channel for the left).. The problem fixes if you whack the gain up full then bring it back to normal, but then its louder?!

Its annoying because it used to do it on channel 3, then it fixed itself.. and now this!

Mixer is at least 2 years old.

Thanks in advance

sounds like the fader is knackered, but i'd imagine that as its a digital mixer its VCA controlled so there wouldn't be 2 channels going to the pot just a control signal (which if the pot was faulty the whole channel wouldn't work, not just the left or right)... i dunno much about digital mixers, it could be a dodgy IC or something.

if its not under warranty, just have the case off and make sure theres nothing inside thats loose, wires, random bits of solder etc

otherwise i'd send it back and get it repaired

sounds like the fader is knackered, but i'd imagine that as its a digital mixer its VCA controlled so there wouldn't be 2 channels going to the pot just a control signal (which if the pot was faulty the whole channel wouldn't work, not just the left or right)... i dunno much about digital mixers, it could be a dodgy IC or something.

if its not under warranty, just have the case off and make sure theres nothing inside thats loose, wires, random bits of solder etc

otherwise i'd send it back and get it repaired

not too sure on what most of that means tbh.. lol..

But its not under warranty, got it off ebay.. Its been to be repaired once but didnt seem to do much..

also i dont trust myself to take apart my mixer and fiddle, a lightning bolt would make a better electrician than me..

not too sure on what most of that means tbh.. lol..

But its not under warranty, got it off ebay.. Its been to be repaired once but didnt seem to do much..

also i dont trust myself to take apart my mixer and fiddle, a lightning bolt would make a better electrician than me..

probably best off getting a new one then, or getting it down an electrical repair shop.

Are you any good with a soldering iron? I took my faders apart a couple of weeks ago with a soldering iron and gave them a real good clean inside and then resoldered them back up and they work like new now. If you are not too confident about doing it then I wouldn't just incase man. Could be worth a try before you fork out for a new one maybe?

Back
Top Bottom