BREAK in Southampton

Olllie

Bom Bom Cloud
VIP Junglist
I know its a bit short notice but one of my mates has booked Break for Monday 26th January at UNIT club in Southampton.

Would be great to see some of you there, it should be the best Monday night rave on the south coast!

We're kicking off the night with 2 dubstep DJs, then i'll be playing my first ever set, followed by another great DJ & BREAK headlining. No MC's have been booked so should be a little different.

Join the Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=56709235129

Can't fookin' wait!

Last edited:
Fuck I got my last exams then:(
All about Mampi Swift on the 29th and Hospitality in Feb though.

Nah it's a mate from uni called Luis, it's his first night. We know Anil from the record shop tho and he's given Luis some advice.

is it a uni night sort of thing then?

i live in southampton and i adore Breaks work

Well we're going to be promoting it at Soul Cellar for nu:tone & logistics so I think we're expecting mainly students and the raygun youth kind of crowd. I don't think he's booking MC's so it's gonna be all about the music.

Well we're going to be promoting it at Soul Cellar for nu:tone & logistics so I think we're expecting mainly students and the raygun youth kind of crowd. I don't think he's booking MC's so it's gonna be all about the music.

sounds very tasty.

its nice to hear no MC's. The last thing you want is some cheese dick chatting a load of shit over someone like Break.

sounds very tasty.

its nice to hear no MC's. The last thing you want is some cheese dick chatting a load of shit over someone like Break.

Exactly, I'd even extend this to all D&B. I find it amazing that people have actually formulated opinions on MCs, I just block them out completely. Quite how someone can say something like "Yeah Shabba has sik lyrics init, DET used 2 b good from about 2005-2006 and Herbzie is mi all tyme favrite" astounds me. When I want to engage with some spoken word, I listen to some classic rappers or The Smiths or Bob Dylan, not some moron rapping double time about semi-automatics over Mr Happy.

Fairplay to the host MCs though (y)

Thats why i rate people like GQ, SP and the like because they compliment the music rather than ruin it. I think thats why Andy C tours with GQ because he knows his styles and flows and vice versa.

dont get me wrong i think Friction and Eksman etc can put on a brilliant set and draw a great crowd but i think the host mc's always do it more for me because at the end of the day im a DJ so i can handle having no MC'in and im sure the same goes for a lot of the heads on here. safe

Back
Top Bottom