Buying a beginners Deck

PomPom

Hey folks,

I am new to the topic but very interested in mixing. I hear a lot and watch a lot of videos.

So my question is...What is a good beginners Set for mixing (2 tables and the mixer in the middle i guess) !? The span should be from 100 to 300 €.

I am looking forward to your tips.
Thx so far!

When I started (7 years ago) I bought a stanton set including 2 x STR8-30 turntables, 2 channel mixer, headphones and all cables for £400. Still got the decks :) everything else has been upgraded and i'll be getting technics once i can afford mk 5's

I'd suggest getting direct drive at least if your going for vinyl turntables. I'd also recommend Stantons and Gemini's. My mates Citronics were rubbish and I've never got on too well with Numarks.

you wont get much for your budget mate, if you can save abit more and get some direct drives (as a pos to belt) you will be half way there. if not then id say get a package with decks, mixer and headphones........http://www.decks.co.uk/package/Numark_TT200_Numark_DM950_18377
something like that but you will need an amp & speakers aswell

This

You do need a bigger budget really. not worth spending any less than £300-500 would be a waste. Another route would be to buy second hand technics 1210 mk 2's, could probably pick some up for around £400 and they are industry/club standard decks. Plus if you find this whole DJing malarky isn't for you their value won't really drop and you should be able to sell them for what you paid for them.

1210's..... get some cheap used ones. If you start on these then you are laughing. No need to confuse yourself with learning on belt drives...

The reality is that it'll throw you off when you do finally go to direct drive turntables

1210's..... get some cheap used ones. If you start on these then you are laughing. No need to confuse yourself with learning on belt drives...

The reality is that it'll throw you off when you do finally go to direct drive turntables

wish i had saved for 1210's wen i was buying my 2nd pair. 2 tt500's for £90 is aight do! lol

sony ps dj 9000's unheard of but theyre bloody good for 50-200 depending where u look, try ebay. theyre sometimes on there. Very underated decks, ive had them for 3 years and no complaints so far

but obviously technic 1210 or 1200 are the industry standard n the best to get if u got the money

Technics 1200 or 1210 (I have MK5). These things are built like tanks. Much better than the cheap numark/stanton (they always feel like they are falling apart when I have the misfortune of using one).

Don't waste your money on cheap decks because one day you are going to want Technics, so might as well get them from the start.

Also the Technics hold their value, so its cheaper in the long run, when you want to sell.

Back
Top Bottom