KIDS JUST DONT BUY MUSIC ANYMORE

DJNoize

Your Mom Rates Me
VIP Junglist
kids dont buy music anymore, its fuct

all my brothers generation (hes 16 next week) dont buy anything they just download shit from torrent sites (FACT). there all doing it.
when i was that age, i was in record shops buying vinyls, and going 2 hmv buying cds with artwork. I Wud be buzzing cumin home on the train/bus anxious to listen to what id got. run to the decks so excited not knowing what 2 play 1st.. or with new cds reading all writing on the inner booklet
There just fucking perthetic, with there fucking spoilt brat video ipods and there flash phones parents buy them full of stolen songs lol

shits changed man:(

fair play there mite be some kids who arnet doing it , but cmon, its blatent 95% kids that age, dont pay for it

its only gonna get worse at the end of the day, i just wish it wasnt happening, long gone are the days seeing kids digging thru piles of cds trying to find there favorite bands/rappers older stuff etc

Just thought id have a rant about this.

sounding like some middle aged moany cunt their noize, i had to double check your age :D
got to move with the times tho, i feel lucky that ive grown up in this day n age imagine what it was like 20 or even 30 years ago (parents will tell ya) very different times

I kind of know what you mean, I did used to buy cds when I was younger and I know what you mean about being on the bus home looking at the tracklist! But ever since I got decks about 5 years ago, I pretty much just buy vinyl now tbh. If I want something to listen to I tend to download podcasts etc. The nearest city to me is Chester, there used to be 2 record shops there, one was ok and you could find some good old dnb tunes and that has shut down, I guess due to what you have said. The other one is shite and purely stocks house, hard house, techno, etc, NO DNB, BREAKS, HIP HOP, pure shite. Tbh though the internet has taken over for buying vinyl for me but I guess that is cause there is no record shops by me at all.

Agree, the rise of CD decks has made it much easier to play copied music.

I'm pretty sure quite a few regular posters on here do it but what can artists & labels do about it apart from make more music vinyl-only, which would be nice but is never gonna happen since a vinyl+digital release would sell more than vinyl-only anyway.

£6 for 2 dubs on vinyl? £10 for an album? Because all money made goes straight to the artist/producer/dj "cough cough". It is easier and cheaper for kids to get shit quality music for free than buy good quality music.

The only benefit of buying music nowadays is the quality, fancy artwork etc. is only seen once then the cd gets whacked in a wallet.

You show 320kbps vs 128kbps to these kids and they cant tell the difference. If they can play it off a phone in the middle of town and not have to pay for it, there sorted.

I'm 17 and i dont even bother downloading youtube vids and torrents like people i do know because i know i can find better, more underground stuff!.. Lucky enough to have a record store near me so all my listening pleasure comes from the sweet sound of vinyl... And of course dnbforum ;)

Agree with most of the points here, and really dislike the whole rise of the CD deck. It takes all the soul out of dj'iing, people jut bung loadsa stolen tracks onto a cd. My pride and joy is my collection of vinyl, with all its sick artwork and all that. It would be shit saying to your mate "Yeah I've got the new ******* tune, skip to track 14 on this cd I think it is".

I fucking hate the fact that a thread about kids nicking music is being used by some to slag off cd decks. We were talking about kids not young djs. As for vinyl vs mp3, if you buy five tunes for a quid each or one slab of vinyl for five quid, you favourite producer will be getting as much money if not more from your purchase, you'll have more tunes and you'll be doing your bit for the environment. I buy some vinyl to display as artwork, but listen to and play 320 kbs mp3 (when I'm not ripping cds I've bought).

Tbh, as long as they're only ripping off muppets like Lil Wayne, 50 pence, soldier boy, Bass Hunter, I couldnt give two fucks...

i used to download religously when i was 15-16ish. Then as i got more n more in to it i slowed down. now been about a year since i didnt pay for music. And any dnb i got illeagally i went n bought of breakbeat coz i felt guilty at stealing from the likes of hazard etc!

Back
Top Bottom