Is there many DnB nights on in USA on a regs?

disrupta

Just wondering what the scene there is like. I mean, I know were spoilt for choice in the uk for the top names playing every night near enough, but wondered how well its doing in usa?

marcus intalex , ed rush & optical are playing in orange county for new years :)
im gonna see them !!!

Theres a few weeklies like Respect, Adrenaline, Upgrade, and they used to have Bassrush, but they all got big names every once in a while. But this Saturday I'm gonna hit up a Bassrush with Friction, Alix Perez, and Icicle. And I seen Ed Rush and Optical, Pendulum, and Marcus Intalex on New Year's, but that shit was in LA. And actually the best New Year's I had out here was Zinc, Ed Rush and Optical, and London Electricity at the same venue as this year.

of course, you have to take into account that the u.s. is a lot bigger than the u.k.... that being said, regular dnb nights are probably non-existent in the midwest and most places in the south. i also noticed how tech-step seems to be the most popular of styles in the us, followed by liquid. for some reason, i dont think many people know about jump up.

as for famous dnb djs that have come to HI, we've had: ltj bukem, dieselboy, dara, ak1200, edrush & optical (they came 1/3/09, right after orange county, CA i guess, like chloe mentioned), shimon, and I think t.s. (or just spinback) im sure theres been more but i dont remember. the shows kinda stink here though, cuz the shite local djs play (and they dont always play dnb, they'll play happy hardcore and electro sometimes, ugh) till 1 and then the big name gets on the decks for 45 min-1 hr. most shows are 21+ nowdays too.

Last edited:
there are definitely a fair share of dnb weeklys throughout southern california. whenever we have massives down here they are always top notch with main uk headliners and such. they dont just throw huge dnb stages with lame djs lol :P

dnb definitely gets recognition in the so cal rave scene as well. its just not as main stream as it is in the uk as far as there being dnb on bbc ya know?

of course, you have to take into account that the u.s. is a lot bigger than the u.k.... that being said, regular dnb nights are probably non-existent in the midwest and most places in the south. i also noticed how tech-step seems to be the most popular of styles in the us, followed by liquid. for some reason, i dont think many people know about jump up.

as for famous dnb djs that have come to HI, we've had: ltj bukem, dieselboy, dara, ak1200, edrush & optical (they came 1/3/09, right after orange county, CA i guess, like chloe mentioned), shimon, and I think t.s. (or just spinback) im sure theres been more but i dont remember. the shows kinda stink here though, cuz the shite local djs play (and they dont always play dnb, they'll play happy hardcore and electro sometimes, ugh) till 1 and then the big name gets on the decks for 45 min-1 hr. most shows are 21+ nowdays too.

nah

jump up is the main thing in the socal rave scene at the moment. the usual socal rave has the likes of the heavy hittahz and Dirty deeds + their crews spinning the dnb stages which means wobble wobble wobble.

the club scene gets bookings from any in demand dnb dj you could think of really..

only ting i can complain about our scene is the lack of good mc's! there are a few (armanni reign, mc dino) but for the most part BLEH

DNB seems pretty dead here in NYC.

I've been looking too.

Someone help me out?

Yeah the massives in So Cal are ridiculous sometimes. New Years had 60 thousand plus, but the main stage is always Techno/House. I would stick to the small parties, the scene is much better, not so many candy kids and people are there for the music not just to get fucked up. Usually the best line ups are at massives but alot of the times they have the same djs two maybe even three years in a row. But yeah the scene is pretty big in So Cal.

DNB seems pretty dead here in NYC.

I've been looking too.

Someone help me out?

i know LA has some big dnb events, but i always thought there was atleast some decent dnb stuff goin down in nyc of all places. over here, the shit djs just play whatever dieselboy plays (if they play dnb at all that is)... kinda sad.

Yeah I was actually out there last year in January and I was looking for DnB parties and the only thing I found was a party with Jayvon and XYZ I think and it wasn't for like another month.

Yeah the massives in So Cal are ridiculous sometimes. New Years had 60 thousand plus, but the main stage is always Techno/House. I would stick to the small parties, the scene is much better, not so many candy kids and people are there for the music not just to get fucked up. Usually the best line ups are at massives but alot of the times they have the same djs two maybe even three years in a row. But yeah the scene is pretty big in So Cal.

so so true!
every time there's a rave out
its full of candy kids, all off their fuckin face off, and most of them are like 14-17, its ridiculous!
but im pretty proud that socal has a huge rep for dnb there. not much elsewhere you can get dnb events

3143585008_57c69cb92f_o.jpg

this is in chicago....the crowd is usually a little bit older since u cant get in if u re not 21....the promoter/dj are friendly meaning u can talk to them after/before their set...the only pbm is that right now its freezing there.... minus 20:rinsed:

went to a few in the summer when in LA...

have to say Respekt was pretty wack...

as you say full of candy ravers and the tunes were old...

wasnt feeling the style of mc'ing either...

Back
Top Bottom