Tune ID - Probably Metalheadz

Jungle2008

Its a 1995/1996 tune I think. I was told a long time ago it was by Dillinja, it is possibly on Metalheadz (certainly sounds very Headz).

Doc Scott played it at Desire in 1996 as it's on the tape pack.

Basiclly, to describe it and pick out it's unique parts, I would say that it is a hardstep track that has 2 key moments that set it aside which I will go into later. The track has a long simple intro (very serious synth sound), then a drop which is 2 beats that go "boom boom" every 2 bars, with a litte amen lick on the 4th bar.

The key elements are 1) Just before the drop there is a sound of dripping water, slightly echoed, and then silence before the drop and 2) Once it has dropped there is a bleep sound (bit like a heart monitor) that appears at various points in the tune. After the drop and into the tune, on one occasion this bleep sound makes a "flatline" sound where the bleep goes "beeeeeeeeeeeep" in the background of a little amen lick.

There is a another tune that sounds just like it (probably the B side) which was played alot around 96 aswell, it has the water sound and then before the drop it has a very unique 2 notes of bass that go "mwaaaaap ..... mwaaaaaap" with all sorts if breath and droplet sounds after it. Very dark hardstep. If I can find either tune, I bet they are on the flip of each other.

Trying ot find it on youube but don't know the name...

Its funny as I have been searching for these names just now on youtube. I think I am getting closer.

The tune that sounds similar to it was definatley on one of my Platinum Breaks CD's. I cant find it though having used amazon links to youtube, but I know it was definatley on it. The start of it goes "TICK tock tock tock TICK tock tock tock" with an eery synth over it and a grumbly bassline...

Driving me insane! If I can find that tune I can prob find the other...

Back
Top Bottom