Favourite ever d&b tunes?

Arrow Jay

Go on then...there've been some some excellent tunes over the years, but what are your all time top three?

1) Prisoners of Technology - True Born (VIP) - Fresh Kutt

An absolute classic! Undeniably one of the best drum and bass tunes I've ever heard. This tune needs more recognition!

2) Origin Unknown - Valley of the Shadows (31 Seconds) - Ram Records

No description needed. TUNE!

3) Blackstreet feat Dr Dre. - No Diggitty (Urban Takeover bootleg) - White

The one tune that made me ditch hardcore and join drum and bass completely. I love the classic jump up sound, and this was the epitome of that era

Come on then guys...reply with yours.

Hmm. dunno about top 3, but my #1 favourite tune is Sniper & MC GQ - Dubplate Pressure remix on Vinyl Syndicate. Its a tune from either 1997 or 98, cant be bothered to look. Kind of hard to explain why, but it just does it for me... Was one of the first bits of vinyl I bought as well, when I first started buying records, and one of the few tunes I bought at that time that I still have/listen to/play.

:finger2:

-walrus

:fag:

Terminator on Reinforced By Goldie is a land mark tune.
We are E by De Underground, some original d&b basslines.
Future Followers By Ratty & Tango (Fibre Optic Crew) Wicked Jungle teckno stylee, great memories :)

To many to mention over the years and various styles the sceane has taken.

Respect All D&B Crew!!!

1) Wots my code (total science remix)
love that heavy drop and the noises in this choon are hectic.
2) Vault - Pendulum
this is one shit hot choon
3) Turbulence- moving fusion
deep and dark

Too many to keep in mind but my current favorite which will be my favorite for a good number of years to come...

Harmony & Extreme "Music" (Lucky Spin 007) 1993

The happiest tune I've ever had the pleasure of hearing and owning.

MC_Andy.T. said:
:fag:

Terminator on Reinforced By Goldie is a land mark tune.
We are E by De Underground, some original d&b basslines.
Future Followers By Ratty & Tango (Fibre Optic Crew) Wicked Jungle teckno stylee, great memories :)

To many to mention over the years and various styles the sceane has taken.

Respect All D&B Crew!!!

OMG! Future Followers IS a tune!!!

I hope my friend didn't sell that one yet (crosses fingers).

I know its the obvious choice but Pulp Fiction - Alex Reece (Metalheadz) has got to be a firm favourite, first d&b 12" I bought, however Horizons - LTJ Bukem (GLR) and Kilamanjaro - Ed Rush (Prototype) are also top tunes from way back.

Recently it has to be So Vain - Breakage (Bassbin) and Calibre - Cold Halo (Soul:R).........

walrus said:
Hmm. dunno about top 3, but my #1 favourite tune is Sniper & MC GQ - Dubplate Pressure remix on Vinyl Syndicate. Its a tune from either 1997 or 98, cant be bothered to look. Kind of hard to explain why, but it just does it for me... Was one of the first bits of vinyl I bought as well, when I first started buying records, and one of the few tunes I bought at that time that I still have/listen to/play.

:finger2:

-walrus

its a goodun that :gun: 98 I reckon

Deadline - Digital
Pressin On - Hidden Agenda
Steve C & Monita - Razor's Edge

come to mind

for DnB

1) LTJ Bukem - Demons Theme - Need I say why?

2) The Nine - Bad Company - Ruff as the hair on my mums chest.

3) ESP & 2 Vibe - Hype The Funk - From the chimes at the start, just the mac daddy mac tune.

4) Origin Unknown - Sound In Motion - Best tune on R.A.M IMO. Dark bassline, propper ripps up on a decent sound system.

The complete classics are:

Konflict - Messiah
Ed Rush & Optical - Alien Girl
Alex Reece - Pulp fiction
D Bridge - True Romance

My personal favourites are -

Rob F & Impulse - Ultraviolet
Moving Fusion - Turbulence
Konflict - Beckoning
Alix Perez - Myriads VIP
D Bridge - Inner Disbelief
Dub Phizix - The Clock Ticks

Probably Black Sun Empire - Arrakis.. was single handedly the tune that made me fall in love with drum & bass and still gives me goosebumps every time that bassline comes in before the drop.

Back
Top Bottom