THE I LOVE/HATE JUMP UP DEATH ARENA

Jump up is da way forward!!!

Way forward?? How??? Everything sounds the same... You mean you want to spend the rest of your dnb days listenin to Machete vip remix 2032 edit... Jump up will crumble by the end of 2009 at this rate.. Either that or raves will be packed out by retards, and at that point they wont need dj's or new artists an if your booked to play you could put machete on repeat and they would just think there listening to a hazard set... Occaisonally switch and play Killers Dont Die, just for a bit of veriety, but dont give them too much as their brain might overload...

Last edited:
Jump up producers I love:

Roni Size
Zinc
Hype
Andy C & Shimon
Moving Fusion
Ed Rush & Optical
High Contrast (although he covers everything)
Aphrodite
J majik
DJ Die
Shy FX
Subfocus

Jump up producers Im not too keen on:
Taxman
Original Sin
G-Dub
Pleasure
TC
Hazard (except for a few classics)

you get good and bad of everything

scotty your a funny guy. i was waiting for a hyped up response from you and i should have betted that the name hazard would be mentioned. did he sleep wit ya bird when you was younger or summin? seem to have serious hatred against him? jump up is what I love about dnb, if i go into a rave and someone is playing a typicaly boring rollin liquid tune il jst walk over to bar and wait for somethin with a beat to be dropped. dont get me wrong i love most of the artists you mentioned earlier, I do buy/play there tunes and i respect the fact that you prefere them to jump up, but theres something about jump up that just makes the people dance!! its what its all about for me.

all opinion remember that

Nope I'm in work

i'm at work too. and tbh thts y i cum on this forum as much as i do. sooo bored and woteva.

i get wot your all saying about it being repetative, and silly. but if im honest thats y i like it. if music was all deep and technical then there wud never have been the monkeys! let alone fucking hazard. I'm quite particular about the jump up i like and think there is a great deal of shit, but to slag it off as whole is soooo stupid. its like saying "oh how fucking repetative is that callibre choon! all liquid is for fucking idiots!" its all about mixing up the genres and keeping things interesting.

but it cant be everyone's cup of tea can it. no need to hate it sooo violently tho. I would say i dont like about 70% if not more tech-step, but i wudnt say i hate techy stuff, let alone write about how damaging it is to the scene.

theres this stigma that says for a dnb choon to be good then every junglist has gotta love it. it annoys me wen non dnb people r like "ah u like dnb u will like this", and they play sum shitty wobble track offa kool fm not that they like it but u get wot i mean. the sacene has developed and evolved into a super genre and u cant please all the heads

the main stage will always host either jump up or darkside. its the way its always been. sorry all the liquid boys, but its true. 92- mid 96 jungle ragga ( that times eqilvant to jump up ) 96-00/01 darkness takes main stage ( ray kieth ed rush/optical) 01-present jump up again. and yes whoever said it is right. it will crumble, and the darkness will take again. trust me. its like goverment. it will always be labour or conserative in power. sure theres other parties tht pipe up, but they never get main stage!

Anyone who does like jump up is a mindless idiot who cant understand even the most slightly complex music
now im guessing this is slightly exxagerated.. although i wouldnt bet on it ;)
Scotty the way you stereotype jump up i think you may be one of the mindless idiots who does like jump up.. it all sounds the same?? maybe u do only listen to machete on repeat yourself but there's a fair bit of difference imo.
I like all dnb, even pendulum, but I prefer jump up cos it gets the crowd hyped up and bouncin :)
p.s hazard is a god :rolleyes:

The only reason i like jump up is because of machete vip..its like the anthem to my life. i wish they would play it on repeat or mix slam into it, that would be the set of sets!!

jump up crewwww....

fuck slam only propane nightmares will do machete vip justice!

lol just want to make it clear. i do not in any way agree with anything scott says. but he sould be able to write what he wants!
hang on i got it! the penny has dropped! scott. do you hate hazard cos he's got the same name as you???

Back
Top Bottom