Promo's on Redeye Records...

DJ SCUBA

Vinyl Addict
VIP Junglist
Is it me, or has Redeye Records just taken all the fun out of searching for promo's? It wasn't long ago that i'd have a look on that site everyday, just to see if any of the big tunes have have been released.

I mean what the hell is going on? We can now pre-order promo's? Thursday shipping Item?

Noisia - Stigma and Mampi - One Finga are great examples...

Is it me, or has Redeye Records just taken all the fun out of searching for promo's? It wasn't long ago that i'd have a look on that site everyday, just to see if any of the big tunes have have been released.

I mean what the hell is going on? We can now pre-order promo's? Thursday shipping Item?

Yeah I thought this seeing Redeye and others advertising pre-order promos, takes the excitement of promos, and knowing you've found a secret jem that no one else knows about

Yeah I thought this seeing Redeye and others advertising pre-order promos, takes the excitement of promos, and knowing you've found a secret jem that no one else knows about

Totally agree boys, there's no point in pre-ordering promos imo.

Fair shout. Aint been buying records for that long so its kinda cool for me..But I can see what fun finding a gem would be!

well said, lately theres been less and less threads saying such and such out now grab them quick, because theyre being advertised 3 weeks previously.. shiiiiiiiiiite

I didn't think you could pre-order the promos, i think it means that the promos have been and gone but you can pre-order them for there actual release. Only think this cos i saw Noisia-Stigma on there last week with a normal 'out of stock' pic but now they have it as a pre-order. Just my guessing anyway.

think it's good in a way because then peoplem don't miss out due to being a work etc....
but in the same breath it does take a lot of excitment.
but on the inhale, i don't give a fuck. fuck.
i don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck. i just don't, give a fuck, fuck.

i wish. no record shops in these endz since boogie timezzz closed.
nearest thing i got now is trademark dishing out tunes to me every week.
which is all good.... in a way.
ya na.

Disagree, it's not about checking websites 6 times a day just to see if something's out. Especially if you have better things to do....pre ordering is the future.

I would actually use my record shop more often, problem is though, by the time I get their (saturday) all the decent stuff is gone and your left with crap... Too many dj's with their fingers in the pie...

Get to know the guy behind the counter, you go in regulary an chat to him he will learn your like an dislikes an if you get chummy he will put stuff aside for you ;)

Get to know the guy behind the counter, you go in regulary an chat to him he will learn your like an dislikes an if you get chummy he will put stuff aside for you ;)

That's what I was saying though... It's not a massive outlet for vinyl and theirs already a fair amount of local DJ's who are already "chummy"...

I've got more chance of getting what I want via interwebs...

EDIT: Oh and the prices are steeeeeeep! They wanted £9 for Ho Bass!!!

Last edited:
That's what I was saying though... It's not a massive outlet for vinyl and theirs already a fair amount of local DJ's who are already "chummy"...

I've got more chance of getting what I want via interwebs...

EDIT: Oh and the prices are steeeeeeep! They wanted £9 for Ho Bass!!!

£9!! cheeki gits! does the price change due to how much demand there is for it?

Back
Top Bottom