Andy C - 50 in top 100 dj's - ^17^

Shotty

HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN
VIP Junglist
pic.php

50: Andy C

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STYLE: Drum & bass
KNOWN FOR: 'Valley Of The Shadows'
TUNE OF 2008: Sub Focus 'Time Warp'
PRODUCER OF 2008: Toss up between Sub Focus and Chase & Status

First record you ever bought? Family Stan 'Ghetto Heaven' Weirdest thing you've seen all year? It was probably something the other night in Amnesia but I can't remember any of it so I'll have to come back to that. Top gadget of 2008? iPhone Most important thing you've learned this year? How to change a nappy.

It's no surprise that Andy C remains his scene's highest showing yet again. Collecting awards like Cristiano Ronaldo and racking up more miles that Lewis Hamilton, Andy might now be a globe dominating d&b overlord rather than the hungry Essex rave kid that took a chance on Ram Records some 16 years ago, but he's still got the enthusiasm to propel him through another fast-lane rollercoaster of a year. "The diary is as busy as ever," he beams. "D&b had a really strong showing at the summer festivals, the Oz tour was great but I'm loving the autumn period and being on the road all week with the universities. I'm fully booked 'til next summer."

Contrasting all his hot burning motorway action, Andy's '08 has also witnessed the birth of his baby daughter. He's also nurturing a new breed of his legendary Ram family with electro-tech fusionists Cultureshock and Bristolian nu jump-up bad-boy Xample hoping to follow the treads of Sub Focus and Radio 1 conquering Chase & Status. "I've really had the hunger to get back in the studio myself lately too," he adds. "I'm taking stock of the older Ram sound and bringing back a bit of funk."

But what of London club The End's freshly announced closure? "I'm absolutely gutted, what can I say?" he confesses. "It's a truly intimate club and has been our home for nigh on a decade. The week they announced the closure we had one of most electric nights ever. I'll miss it."
Words: ALLAN McGRATH

no but im pretty sure thats the ony post youve made this year that........ didnt..... look..... like....... this......

ha....hah.... haha... haha...... im so sorry. Dont worry haze, i only use them....... when im explaining something usually?

Its easy to mis-understand something when its written. My brain seems to think that doing....... helps people understand what im trying to say??

its more about the most popular and succesfull dj rather than the most skilled

Totally agree. It is a shame really as Andy C and Hype have way more skill than a lot of the people above them. But DJ mag say it is a poll to show which DJ'S are the most exposed and popular. Not which one is the best.

I fliciked through DJ mag yesterday, and read a bit of armin van burins piece.

He gets 27million listeners tuned in to his radio show :O :O

As DJ mags customer base is so heavily Trance/tech/house/minimal etc influenced, Drum & Bass Dj's don't really have a chance of reaching the top 100.

Andy C & Hype do well to get there every year, and it takes us all to club together & get just TWO dj's into the top 100.
And considering Drum & Bass is THE biggest underground form of dance music in the UK, i thought there would have been a few more DJ's into even the top 150. Fuck, even pendulum made it there :O

Not a true reflection on the worlds best really, like you say, just a poopularity contest.

Definitely a popularity contest. Every dnb dj that also spins other genres, knows dnb is by far the hardest to spin. The most skill is used with out a doubt. Prett sad only two dj's made it into the top 100, but BIG UPS to them regardless!

Back
Top Bottom