Blemishes on records / damaged vinyl - PLEASE READ!

jay walker

1/2 of Passive/Aggressive
VIP Junglist
I ordered records from dnbarena (juno), including Twisted Individual rmx ep an when it came to play em, there was a white smudge on one side of the record. It looks like tippex, an makes a ticking-noise when the needle runs over the area.

Ive tried water - an its no good, i might have to send the record back, which means extra cash for postage!

Has anyone else came across this with tunes they have bought?
Can anyone suggest a cleaning fluid that wouldnt damage the record an remove the smudge?

jay walker said:
I ordered records from dnbarena (juno), including Twisted Individual rmx ep an when it came to play em, there was a white smudge on one side of the record. It looks like tippex, an makes a ticking-noise when the needle runs over the area.

Ive tried water - an its no good, i might have to send the record back, which means extra cash for postage!

Has anyone else came across this with tunes they have bought?
Can anyone suggest a cleaning fluid that wouldnt damage the record an remove the smudge?

urm..if its actually tipex, you might as well use tipex thiner. Is a quite soft solution, so it wont damage the record. Otherwise, pure alcohol might do the job..and im pretty sure is ok for vinyl. Never tried it, but a mate of mine, whos an old vinyl collector, uses it for really expensive records with out breaking sweat, so it ll do.
:thumbsup:

I've seen that on a couple of my records, but it doesn't affect the quality.

But i have been getting some warped shipments as of late :finger2:

Re: Re: Blemishes on records / damaged vinyl - PLEASE READ!

GorDo said:
pure alcohol might do the job...

yep defo (ethanol)... but dont dare try drinking it (i know what you were thinking), that shit it toxic and lethal :tehpepsi: :sick: :dynamite:

another thing worth trying is lighter fluid...

anyways, just had to give the public health warning about ethanol... cos i know what the average junglist is like... :eek:

Re: Re: Re: Blemishes on records / damaged vinyl - PLEASE READ!

Affliction said:
yep defo (ethanol)... but dont dare try drinking it (i know what you were thinking), that shit it toxic and lethal :tehpepsi: :sick: :dynamite:

anyways, just had to give the public health warning about ethanol... cos i know what the average junglist is like... :eek:

Nah man..ive been drinking that shit for ages and its fine..

cantseeshiitrayredx.jpg

Back
Top Bottom